HSTV-L Battle Rating

Well, if the things you’re talking about are now at a higher BR, the aircraft that are now used for CAS, for example at 10.0, would be stuff like F-4Cs, which do not have any mavericks. The 2S38, in that case, would be much more viable as anti-air than before.

F-4Cs never get used for CAS.
And even if you decided to bring a horrible plane like that specific example you still have bullpups.

3 Likes

I guess you haven’t played 10.3 / 10.0 for a while, because I have. F-5Cs are also a good example.

Bullpups are nice, but they are still guided manually, which takes much more skill to lead into a target. Most players I know, use Alt + W / A / S / D to control them, which makes them have to stay still while they guide it in. The IRST that the 2S38 gets can make short work out of them.

1 Like

You should stop “guessing” things that you have entirely zero knowledge of.

Bullpups do not require a significant amount of skill to use, they are very easy to guide.
Also you have not played 10.3 or 10.0 outside of the only two vehicles you have within that BR range on your account of which neither are CAS.

You have two event vehicles, the CV105 and the SU-25BM. And even then you have one single game in the BM. You do not have any idea of what you are talking about as you have no experience engaging or being engaged by a 2S38 in CAS at that BR.

I do.

5 Likes

In that case, do you have any experience playing the HSTV-L?

2 Likes

What can be done is to redo the request, which was forgotten on the old forum to add its ammunition, and at least download it to 10.7. More than that, he will be extremely strong

Nope, but I have experience playing against them. As I have experience playing against 2S38s. So I can definitely state that killing 2S38s playing correctly rather than killing HSTV-Ls playing correctly is a lot easier due to the 2S38s worse survivability.

And that I have been engaged from terrain and positions from HSTV-Ls that would be impossible with something such as the 2S38.

The other points I raised are just simple objective facts (mobility/depression/etc).

5 Likes

How does that look like?

Attempting to flank or finding a useful position where it can hull down and preferably obscures the turret on the left side of the gun to minimise chance of being ammo-racked.

2 Likes

HSTV-L should receive the historical changes, such as better round and better reload, and either stay at 11.3 or move to 11.7.

4 Likes

Seeing how Spookston had gone out of his way quite some time ago to gather all the data and relevant information for the HSTV-L only for Gaijin to snub him just proved that they don’t give 2 shits about getting the vehicle to work properly.

Gaijin intends to keep it gimped and worthless. The only thing I can recommend is just not to play it.

4 Likes

Better yet, why isn’t the 2S38 at 11.3, HSTV-L is fine where it is, 1.5 second reload, decent APFSDS, and it swallows shells like nothing else.

I’ll never forget the bug report about the depression on the HSTV-L being incorrect, there were multiple sources submitted stating 17° frontal depression and mods (and by extension, devs) stated that THEIR OWN MODEL doesn’t support 17° depression…

3 Likes

I heard about that sheer lunacy.

I can guarantee you if the HSTV-L was Russian it would’ve been fixed years ago.

2 Likes

ULQ has posted a video of him playing the A-10 and nuking MBTs from 8KM away, while most A-10 players I’ve encountered ingame was tryna hug every ground vehicles to spread some love, these guys wouldn’t even survived the MG4 from Leopard 2A4 lmaooo

4 Likes

I know I was there tagteaming the guy saying the A-10 couldn’t use mavericks at stand-off range.
Was a fun thread.

3 Likes

There isn’t enough substantial evidence regarding XM885 for Gaijin to make it accurate.

The amount of attempts at getting the HSTV-L more accurate is in the triple digits, and Gaijin simply doesn’t listen nor care. There are 5+ sources saying the XM885 has performance on par with M774 yet simply because no hard penetration numbers exists that are available to the public, it won’t be changed.

Spookston has gotten direct quotes from engineers on the ARES project and Gaijin is adamant on not changing the HSTV-L.

IF you wish to discuss XM885 or other things related to HSTV-L you can take it this forum as Myself and @CalvinAz have discussed this stuff there.

2 Likes

This might be my hopium talking, but here’s what the snail said last BR change (back in April)

hstvl

Sure, the “muh statistics” part is… worthless… but them finally acknowledging the issue and a vague “we’ll make a decision” is more progress than we’ve ever gotten on this front.

2 Likes

Also remember War Thunder is marketed as a Historically Accurate Simulator but that “Historical Accuracy” is entirely up to Gaijin to decide when and where it applies. In this case, not with the HSTV-L.

I don’t trust Gaijin to make a decision, I don’t think anyone does. We shove IR-Tracking and XM884 in their face and they just laugh at us. literally 15(exaggeration) different sources state that XM885 should be near M774 performance YET current XM885 is worse the 76mm APFSDS from the OTO, when XM885 was originally based of the Naval 76mm.

I would like their decision to be made in favor, sure punt the thing to 11.7, just give the things it should have then.

Or what they could do.

Leave HSTV-L at 11.3 and add the RDF/LT at 11.7 with the proper features. proper XM885 performance, XM884 and IR-Tracking.

Yes, 100% agree. I’d rather it max out the BR scale than remain artificially gimped.