How to use ESM?

So I’ve been loving the HARM gameplay with France, USA and Israel and was only made aware recently of the ESM on my F18 and M2k but I find it pretty bad to use and awfully slow even more so when compared to prems Su30s that work instantly, am I doing something wrong with NATO ESMs or have they just bad according to the game?

I will add there that I’m not an expert in how they should perform (it do be weird to me the night and day difference between pact and nato so I hope I’m doing smth wrong).

Those planes just use the harm missile seeker as scan, not using RWR for ESM like l-150 or chinese planes. Though most of toptier planes should get that as an option aswell but for stuff like m2k you are stuck with just the missile seeker

Yeah , its really stupid. You would think they would make it the same for everyone, but its pretty much only the L-150 that behaves like ESM.

Hell, aren’t most NATO RWR systems more advanced? Don’t they top the L-150 in most aspects?
Seems wierd to give passive insta-refresh to only 1-2 RWR systems out of the multitude present in-game.

2 Likes

Not really. Only really rank 9 RWRs would have the capabilities outside of dedicated electronic attack planes

The M2k doesn’t have a native ESM irl?

I would assume the same, I’m used to call for bias and yet again it sounds like it is