Hispano MKV is a fragless cannon

How do I begin, i’ve been flying the hornet lately and i’ve had the same scenario: Crit six times someone that goes to repair, he flies finely enough to go to repair, i crit him again, then he either kills me or goes back to repair. WHY ARE HISPANO MKV belts SO BAD??? i have had (NOT MUCH better) results with hispano mk2 but mkv??? what are these guns???

(i crit a p51h, he flies back to base then he basically inutilizes my aircraft with a couple of 50 cals that hit like 50mm howitzers)

(five critical hits on the very center of the plane which would either kill it’s pilot or blow his tank up, he goes to repair after the first two crits)

(ju288 manages to land safely after critting it 7 times and setting it on fire, manages to kill me with a single 13mm that puts me in a flat spin)

hispano mkv’s are effing boogazooga and still are lacking, The belts are pitiful and don’t do anything other than do what plinkers do: Nothing or kill the pilot.j

1 Like

You might use the wrong belts - i see daily Wyvern ***** killing 4 to 6 enemies effortlessly with the same weapon, ofc with just one ammo load - they use stealth and it shreds everything to pieces…

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue killing planes with hispanos. I typically use ground target belts

1 Like

What belts do you have equipped?

1 Like

stealth hispano mkv? well that’s weird, i’m using stealth belts too and all they do is granting me 2 kill asssist per game or getting killed by the guy i sent to repair. I’d be on 9 kill death ratio on the hornet by those numbers, but because of frag deficiency i’m just 3.7.

they went from useless to OP with the realshatter fix, and now apparently they’re shit again?

not to say anything but they are the same level good after real shitter fix and you might have gotten unlucky. Stealth belt is half Sap-i which doesnt do much damage with its small filler and Mk.II stealth belt is only 1/3rd Sap-i. They are definitely not lacking compared to before and in a lot of situations it performs much better than german 20mm HEI with way more filler.

2 Likes

What range are you typically firing from?

point blank, 400m or below. If the target is large or stalled out I fire at 800m.

Lol welcome to the broken P-51H damage model and probably overperforming .50s

2 Likes

50 cals are performing correctly, it’s just 20mm’s that keep doing a whole bunch of nothing unless it’s two mg151’s or a single (or more) an-m cannon.

MG151s are pretty garbage now, Type 99-2s, AN/M2s and 3s, and shitspanos have the best damage output right now. Not sure about shvaks but they aren’t far from the best either.

Every 20mm cannon is super deadly nowadays. Hit almost like 30mm cannons, at least against fighters but they also disintegrate bombers, pretty quickly.

And it’s only because realShatter fix made explosive shells way too deadly to the planes structure.
No point in using AP, because the plane will simply fall apart when you hit where armor plates are supposed to protect vital components.

Because fragments are completely random, every hit is also a complete gamble whether it damage a module or not.

So on one hand you have guns that are far too effective but on the other hand you get instances where hits seemingly deal no damage.

I’ve had the same problem with the Wyvern, most of the time im wasting all my ammo on one guy who simply can go back and repair, s**tspanos is what i call them… honestly i don’t understand how are people getting 3 or 4 kills with hispanos when they simply spark on me most of the time, or just give me a simple “hit”.

Meanwhile one round of 50cal will turn my whole plane b l a c k OR I will get on fire.

1 Like