Help me

I fckin highly doubt that it’s its real name lol. Don’t try to search “levrette” in french on google lmao.

After some research its name would rather be “Oerlikon”

Please dont add more of these

3 Likes

Oerlikon is the name of the weapon not the name of the entire prototype. I’m going by very very little information here so kindly screw off if your gonna be rude about it.

I wasn’t trying to be rude, as a French, I was just very surprised by the term you used lol. Have you tried googling levrette in French ?
That’s why I highly doubt that it’s its name but I’m not an expert either.

Whether the term is correct or not I’m simply quoting what I see on the internet.

And where have you seen that ?

Swiss SPAA proto: Oerlikon-Bührle AG 20 mm Vierlings-Flabpanzer Lpz 51

Hmmmmm someone found the proper one. Appreciate it.

Not even that. Oerlikon is the name of the company, and the company’s name derives from the name of the Suburb of Zurich where the company is located.

Oerlikon (or better Oerlikon-Bührle) is well known for canons which in WW2 were used both by Axis as well as Allied forces, unguided rockets (iirc most of the rockets we see on Swedish J29, J32 etc are from Oerlikon), and also later produced many well known if not iconic canons (like the ones arming Gepard, SIDAM, Viggen,…).

1 Like

I should further look into German technology, I mostly look at Japanese military history due to it being more obscure which to some is an annoyance but for me, I enjoy the fight.

Ouch.

I’m talking about Swiss technology… ;-)

1 Like

Eh German. Swiss, Austrian potato potato. All 3 speak a beautiful variant of German. That and it’s 5 in the morning so my brain is running on fumes of dopamine :D and can’t tell the difference between of current. My bad never the less.

1 Like

Another U-sh

this is a MOWAG Kreuzlingen SPW armored car with an MRS-80 turret

it has a 136 hp engine, can go up to 70 km/h, and has 10mm of armor on every face except the roof who is 6mm

1 Like

The first photo is not a Mowag Grenadier, Chile was the only user of a Mowag Grenadier with that weapon and it does not look like the one in the photo

The front part of the chassis is completely different, and one is taller than the other

This is actually called Mowag MR-8-20

It doesn’t look anything like it, it’s a mowag grenadier

Are you talking about the Chilean or the black and white photo?

it’s a French elc lorraine

this is the American T52, the photo show the same tank with the same armament.

a swiss Oerlikon-Bührle AG 20 mm Vierlings-Flabpanzer Lpz 51

German Flakpanzer 30mm Zwilling auf Truppenversuchsmuster RU 222

Czechoslovak OA-82 Jarmila II

concept of the LHMTV with a 120mm recoiless gun from 1964

ZSU-57-2 concept of Volga

no. the MR-8-20 is different. the engine compartment is not weirdly forward on the right side of the chassis. there is nothing of the chassis that match the MR 8. as show here with this german MR 8

it’s a MOWAG-Kreuzlingen SPW. an unsuccessful Swiss armoured car. very few know much about it. except me apparently. here is some image from the Swiss archive I fetch

here is a suggestion of a vehicles base on the same chassis

1 Like

black white

1 Like