Guy armoured car Mk IA

I dont think you realize how spacious the Humber III turret actually is, if they had wanted to they would have been quite capable of putting a 6 pouner or 75mm in that turret, but they had no reason to.

If you knew the reason why the humber IV existed the reason for its 37mm becomes readily apparant. The mk IV existed to make up demand for Daimler armoured cars in Recce units, which was a role supported by 15mm besa humbers and the aforementioned 75mm and 6 pounder armoured cars, though the M3 half track did and continued to fill the role of the 75mm up until the end of the war in europe. The mk iv existed souly to be issued to those recce regiments in Infantry Divisions that are not equipped with Daimlers, and were replaced as and when the daimlers became avalible. The demand for daimlers was also the reason why the coventry failed, as the companies were unable to retool without negativly effecting the daimler production effectivly locking them in.

You are just making up stuff now.

this is what a Humber with a 6 pdr looked like:

Where do I find more information on this thing? That’s my kind of garbage right there.

1 Like

lol - just do a reverse image search for the pic - apparently it has a Mollins autoloader as per MTB’s.

there was also a Morris car with it - see WT Live // Images by Mercedes4321 for both

Also someone building a model of one - Humber SP 6pdr Armoured Car - Armoured Cars and Halftracks GB - Britmodeller.com

Those links seem to be pretty much all here is online for it - be quite interested if you can dig up some more!!

Im not, but it seems you have posted an image without realizing what your looking at. That is not just a Humber with a six-pounder, that is the Humber SP, it has a Mollins 6 pounder with the autoloader system. i doubt the massive autoloader system would fit in any armoured car turret of the time, though i think most could be decerned by a single glance

though i have not found out which version it is, though they all have a chunky system

It depends on which line you use.

• C immunity is where penetration is impossible.
  • C/D limit is the maximum possible penetration under the best conditions.
  • Ballistic limit is where penetration is around 50/50.
  • W/R limit is where penetration is guaranteed.

So the 15mm could penetrative around 41/42mm of armour.

(making stuff up) - yes, you are - you have determined that a 6 pdr can fit in a Humber a/c turret without any evidence other than your own desire for it to be true.

Which is exactly what I said…smh - can’t deal with this stupid any more…

Desire for it to be true, no, because the british armour board flat out tested it, yes

And no you didnt specify it was a molins gun in your post, you just said it was what a 6 pounder looks like in a humber, but that is not true as it is a mollins gun which has the baggage of a huge autoloader system mounted on the side XD

Well, C code hits buldge the armor, and D code hits cause cracking on tbe back plate, but no sunlight through (not a penetration).
I think the ballistic limit would be the best case penetration. So 39mm, not shabby, and lines with the calculator well enough

He did specify that it allegedly had a autoloader in reply to me.

That report that you mentioned, it does not seem to specify anything about how it is mounted. For all we know that may be part of testing for the autoloading casemated 6 pounder humber.

Aye but not in the original post, he said it was just a 6 pounder when that was not the case.

That thing was a 1942 design, in the similar specification request that made the Morris firefly, ;)

I voted yes on this little vehicle if the 15mm autocannon could reliably penetrate 40mm armor. It could be a new, reserve vehicle or BR1.0 vehicle ideal for Britain’s low tiers.

+1, would be cool