Give the HEVT round back to Veak40 and move it up

That is when heli players is stupid enough to not evade Your shoots.

What? What about guided bombs?

3 Likes

That is the guided bombs. TV guided bombs have a tendency to lock the ground rather than the tank.
CCIP bombing [Saab 105G] is 1 - 2km.
Non-CCIP bombing is even less.

I would go with eaisly with 3km, not to mention that at 2km SPAA is not able to hit You, if You are not flying in straight line.

1 Like

In 2019? I learned to imagine the arch of the lead indicator during turns cause JP Gepard.
I got accurate out to 2.5km with it, starting at 1.5km back then. Can’t stretch it beyond 2.5km, my imagination’s not strong enough.
Though I have seen players that can, largely ones that frag me.

Straight line I’ve hit out to 3.8km, though it’s usually closer to 3.3 for jets if they go straight.
And TV guided is a lot of time staying straight.
Probably why I rarely see A-4s in my ground matches anymore.
I see a lot of F-80s at 6.7 now though for some reason.

You can imagine what can happen but air player can act accordingly to that and still evade it. I have done it all the time, that is why I don’t fear radar gun SPAA outside of 1.5km range

What? I just drop my bomb and do whatever while it destroys the target.

If being flown by the blind and deaf, sure. Try hitting a Z-11W, Scout or Allouette who knows what they’re doing.

There’s a reason I called out the 8.3/8.7 ones. The Swedish Huey and Mi-4 can be countered by Gepard and equivalent SPAAs. The later ones cannot, if they’re played skillfully.

The Youtube video is a primary source, the thread is simply looking for more information.

And found to shatter when it hit actual armor plate. Surprise surpise, a simple steel walled shell designed for 1000 m/s doesn’t do so well when propelled at 1230 m/s. AFAIK, the project then considered using tungsten and other materials better suited for the high velocity, but due to the lack of such materials by that stage the project stalled.

German F-4Fs didn’t use AIM-9Es or Js in service, only AIM-9 B FGW2s and AIM-9Ls.

The Finnish MiG-21 Bis didn’t use R-13M1s or R60MKs in service, only base model R60s and possibly (I vaguely remember) AIM-9Ps later in life.

The T-34-100 was a WW2 era prototype was rejected by the Soviets shortly before the end of the war (Rejected in favor of the T-44). In game, it’s using the decidedly post WW2 BR-412D rounds, first produced years after the project was cancelled. AKA the exact justification for why the VEAK lost it’s HEVT rounds.

All can use the m/01 round. Only the 9040C gets it. My point exactly.

Already was, 10 months ago.

Capable, yes, but never did. Japan retired M735 decades before the Type 16 was ever concieved. Giving them M735 as their top round is equivalent to giving the Object 685 base BR-412 as it’s top round.

It’s not a special, magical compartment. 35mm APDS has the exact same dimensions and loading requirements as any other 35mm rounds. The only reason that compartment exists on Gepard and Marksman turrets is doctrine, SPAA weren’t intended to fight on the front line so they only got a tiny reserve for self defense. The ZA-35 has no such reserve, and so despite there being no reason why it cannot load APDS in the main belt, it doesn’t get any.

Again, my exact point. The HSTVL is unhistorical based on balance alone, and Gaijin shouldn’t change it to be historical as that would break the balance. We are in agreement.

2 Likes

Z-11, the 8.7 one, only has a range of 2.9km.
YouTube videos are not primary sources. F-4Fs are capable and always have been capable of 9Es and Js, manual > lies.
All Mig-21Bis are capable of R-13s.
T-34-100 can fire those rounds. Different circumstance entirely.
9040C is the one that’s 10.0.
It’s irrelevant that M735 is retired in military service or not, we aren’t playing as the JSDF.
Yes, it is a special compartment. Source: The Swiss company that makes them.
HSTVL is historical.
Your posts keep saying the same incorrect thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Not a math guy, are you? What’s bigger, the 2.5km minimum range to be safe from SPAA, or the 3km maximum range of the HJ-8A? Although, that 2.5km is a soft figure, as the Z-11W is so fast, small and agile compared to the others it’s often able to dodge rounds up to 2km from the battlefield, in my experience.

It is when it’s literally a promotional video produced by Bofors itself in order to sell the L/70 gun to English speaking armies. It also literally has a cutaway image of the APDS round. What, did they mock up a fake round to put it into a promotional video? Why?

Once again, you’re agreeing with me without realizing it. All three of those vehicles are currently using weapons they never had IRL. They’re all compatible with them, but historically speaking none of them are accurate.

Similarly, all Bofors L/70 guns can fire HEVT. There is nothing preventing it, no special adapter needed like 35mm AHEAD. Accordingly, the VEAK 40 is also completely capable of firing HEVT.

It just never did IRL as according to Gaijin’s sources, m/484 isn’t HEVT (Although I know of at least one secondary source that says it is), and HEVT was not developed for the standard L/70 for a few more years.

Saying that you’re OK with these three firing weapons they never had IRL, but could theoretically fire, in the name of balance, is the crux of my entire argument.

The Strf 9040C, Lvkv 9040C and Strf 9040B (BILL) are all 10.0. This was not difficult to check.

Oh, good, that means the VEAK can get it’s HEVT back then since we aren’t playing with historical vehicles. Glad you keep agreeing with me, although I don’t think you quite understand it.

If you’re going to quote a source, you need to actually link to it. I can find no reference to 35mm APDS requiring special loading procedures, and all the sources I can find (Including a brochure from Oerlikon) show APDS as having the exact same case dimensions. They also explicitly say that it’s compatible with the non-self propelled twin GDF guns, which are clip loaded instead of belt loaded.

No it isn’t, and you’ve already said so yourself. It’s missing several rounds it historically had during testing. Not having these rounds makes it not historically accurate.

2 Likes