Give Challenger 2 it’s L28

Why is the Challenger 2, one of the best MBTs currently is service, using such an out of date round, bearing in mind we have a 2008 model TES variant in game, why are we using 80s challenger 1 rounds such as the L26 and early 2000s L27 rounds which limit where the challenger can shoot, in real life it has penetration power similar to the DM53 with the L28a1 round and swing as we have such a modern variant in game and the leopards get DM53 I don’t understand why challenger is limited to L27

4 Likes

yea. until gaijoobles adds the l28 rounds, i’m sticking to 10.3 when i get there

4 Likes

You know why.

4 Likes

L28a2 are not an upgrade over l27 rounds, but for the l23a1, and l28a1 for l23 I believe. But yeah it would be awesome to see new rounds in the British Tank. Cool ideas

2 Likes

chronic lack of available data + in all likelyhood it’ll perform worse than L27 being a Tungsten round fired from a lower velocity rifled gun

L28A1/A2 are export APFSDS made of heavy tungsten alloy (WHA); given the low muzzle velocity of the L30A1, they aren’t going to offer in-game advantages (Ex. extra pen) over the current L27A1 (DU).

2 Likes

L28 are no better than L27 unfortunately but what gaijin can do is give anti era tip for L27

2 Likes

They are my friend they originally yes was just and upgrade for oman but was later was odered by the army and weve been usingnit since

1 Like

There is no indication L28A1 is an improvement over L27A1, anti DU protests are likely what caused the switch, L27A1 left production 20 years ago almost at their height. L28A1 is the same length but Tungsten alloy rather than DU.
As for L28A2 it no longer exists it was renamed L23A2.

Im sure its just as good otherwise they wouldnt of been ordered

2 Likes

According to the only available source I can find it flies faster than L27 and has significantly more pen, well over 600mm+