Give AIM-9M to F-14B

See you got to get close and by the time yoy do an r73 is already steaming your way

thats why the r73 isnt at 12.0

4 Likes

F-14B has like 1000 countermeasures, that’s not a problem

2 Likes

That from more then 2km can be flared quite easily

I have toptier us air expect for thr attack aircraft line because the a10 is miserable im currently grinind for toptier ussr

Pre flareing is the best way to deal with the R73

I do pre flare and r73s just insert themselves in my jets ass even when im spamming 50+ flares and turned off my engines and moving from left to right

I have top tier air
USA F16C
USSR Su27 ans mig29smt
Uk JAS39C

2 Likes

How close was it as well

You just sound like a USA main coping

6 Likes

What was this topic even about again?

F14B not getting Aim-9M

1 Like

Loadouts are entirely about balance.

Tornado F3s probably should have Aim-9Ms too, but it would definetly mean a higher BR than 11.3. Maybe even force it as high as 12.0. But at that BR it would be DOA with no BVR upgrade as well.

The F-14B probably could run 9Ms, but it would mean a BR increase and increasing the BR of vehicles for “historical accuracy” is not something gaijin like to do (Still trying to get L26 on the Chally DS)

Id guess your best bet is to hope for the F-14D at some point, as a “max” power F-14. If they decide to add any other variants of that going forward. Im guessing the US is probably getting a few F-15 variants this year instead now

4 Likes

Exactly, so we might be better off discussing that instead?

We’re just going in circles.

Aim-9M effectiveness is easily measured and not really up for debate.

We know it works well.

1 Like

AIM-9M should be saved for the F14D as that would be last version added

1 Like

Yup, 100%

1 Like

i really do think dual plane is right around the corner since so many missiles like the magic 2 require it to even function the phoenix will become significantly more maneuverable pulling 25Gs leading to all f14s getting put up br then i could see them getting aim9M

Funny another this OP first post to the forums

Yeah, if they end up getting a BR increase anyway, then most likely.

yeah a potential 25G Mach 5 Phoenix might change things

3 Likes