Geschützwagen Tiger

Sadly, i was not able to find more precise data, however
the Rö. Gr. 42 Be was a Saphedsfs round of 12 cm and 193 kg with 2,86 kg He filler
while the 44 Be was pretty much identical, but longer with 7,255 kg He filler
Velocity is unknown for me, it may be fired at higher charge with also 550 m/s or lower, but by gaijins calculator for the 42 with even 450 m/s it will still penetrate 372mm/10m and with 550 m/s 495mm/10m

Tho i am shure gaijin will find more in their archives with their historians, considdering it was after the war extensively tested by the USA.

Pictures(Click to show)

I may look some more.

2 Likes

Thats most definently what is up toobz

damne bro, that thing looks like it can kill the yamato

1 Like

LoL imagine people complaining about heatfs just for them to get destroyed by a ww2 vehicle with apfsds like ammo

4 Likes

On a side note, these shells existed from 2 cm to 80 cm or so.
Mainly for the railway guns, but also for the 3,7 cm Pak, 10,5 cm K.18 and Flak 38/39 and so on.

The 10,5 cm to 4,5 cm one is perhaps the 2nd most interesting imo.

5 Likes

+1

New Pictures of the 21 cm Rö.Gr.44 Be

3 Likes

What’s it for? Bunkers?

General reinforced and Concrete targets, as well as range and effect increase beyond the Gr.19 Be.
But would also carry certain AP performance.

Was it ever actually put together?

yes please

I’m personally very much looking forward to the Hummel, especially if the APHEDS shell is added with it. I don’t see a great future for the Grille and Wespe, though they wouldn’t hurt to have.

Grille would be funny just for the option to donk people with a Stielgranate 42. Because what amount to vehicle-launched rifle grenades are hilarious.

5 Likes

I’m sold

1 Like
2 Likes

they had that one german gun modelled previously.
perharps it could be something in the game soon

2 Likes

Just adding my +1. This is one of the vehicles I want most in game.

Maybe we could have a huge-calibre themed update? I’d love to see the T92 HMC as a contemporary along with anything else that has a 170mm+ gun.

3 Likes

I ve been wanting this for years so much copy and paste with m109

4 Likes

Now this is an artillery piece +1

1 Like

I want GIANT APFSDS with HE filler, in other words, GIANT APHEFSDS

2 Likes