Gepard1A2:FAPDS munition and EOTS modification

Gepard1A2 is the outcome of Nutzungsdauerverlängerung upgrade program,which replaces the original Gepard’s HEI/SAPHEI belt with DM33 FAPDS belt.

4 Likes

here are some sources.

anti air in germany 2
antiair in germany 3
FAPDS compared with APDS
fapds cut apart

2 Likes

compare mesko’s fapds technical data with pmd055’s,we can say that PMD055/DM33 and MESKO 35mm FAPDS is the same round.Unfortunately I could find any official source on the penetration of this FAPDS(oerlikon brochure only demostrates its damage against air targets),but a polish military fourm said during MESKO’s trail it penetrated 10mm+30mm RHA at 45° from 1000 meters away(60mm air between 2 plates).

1 Like

And here’s a video filmed by heeresflugabwehrschule which can also prove the fact that Gepard1A2 got a belt of pure FAPDS munition:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwh_naNtis8.

EOTS is an experimental modification,a video from KMW trials 2008 at ADA Live Firing Range in Todendorf/Germany:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax2HOYHKKMI combined with this photo can prove its existence.
Gepard EOTS

5 Likes

Actually I’ve already posted issues on these several months ago,but there’s no response…

5 Likes

This topic has been around for a long time and i feel like it will remain even longer. Gepard 1A2 uses very archaic and obsolete shells while proxy fuze shells and Strela rule the sky, quite sad.

1 Like

On the topic of the Gepard, why can’t the Gepard lock Scout Drones? That feels incorrect based on its role in a certain combat zone.

I’ve heard that there’s a code called “preciseMinor” in warthunder,if a radar don’t have it,it can lock on neither ammunitions nor recon drones,but I can’t confirm it’s authenticity.

It’s currently shooting down Iranian Shahad drones, which are no bigger?

How can it lock a rocket, but not a small drone in-game?

1 Like

It should be able to lock on these small targets,but didn’t receive this ability in game,I don’t even know the reason to this.