General playtest of air-to-air missiles with ARH Seekers (FOX-3)

It’s hard to say, the performance of the dual-pulse engine is too strong, and the only missile that I think is able to fight is the meteor (but the seeker of the meteor is relatively backward, and it is still a Doppler pulse radar)

1 Like

Well both are 200km range missile but the r77 has higher max speed and there is also ramjet variant as well as r37m

1 Like

120D also a great missile, but it doesn’t update it engine since 120c. So the remaining energy after flying 100km is unkown

1 Like

But the r77m is not yet in service, and the PL-17 against the R37m is much stronger than it

im not on about 120D

1 Like

Meteor, but it radar seeker is not ASEA, so I don’t know it performance toward new generation electric warfare system

newer ones will be ASEA

I remember Japen and Europe had a plan to update meteor’s radar seeker, but I don’t heard any result

really?

1 Like

yeah just a question of how long it will take

R77m is in service k77m is not that has more modern seeker uses aesa seeker like pl15 and is mach 5

1 Like

Why isnt the JAS39A getting the AIM-120 instead of the RB71 which it never carried in real life?

1 Like

At this time, the American AIM-260 has not come out, and the Russian R-77M is the worst.

The advantage of the dual-pulse engine is that it can better retain the energy of the missile, and the traditional engine has a faster limit speed, but the terminal speed is not enough, so the fighter only needs a small turn to throw off the missile. But the terminal speed and energy of a double pulse / ramjet engine, similar to the Meteor and PL-15, was much more

This test used the older export variant against 2 more modern missiles ofc it would be worse

1 Like

honestly right now the missiles are pretty easy to dodge, you can notch them consistently. With some bugged solved they could easily come already.

There is ramjet k77m designated k77me

I heard some documents said the radar of Gripen is lack of CW irradiator, same as J-8F(removed PL-11 in dev) and Kurnass 2000(removed Sparrow in the same update)

So please delete the PL-12, it’s too advanced, wait for the AIM-120C to come out

2 Likes

Also, the most advanced radar seeker from cn and us, because they use Gallium oxide in ASEA

1 Like