General playtest of air-to-air missiles with ARH Seekers (FOX-3)

Correct

İ saw some couple Schematics that shows Rafale could carry 10 missiles potantially, did FAF refused to integrate it or is it simply not possible?

As you said below it is only for the upgraded ones so the firsts one we will see will only be able to carry 6 of them

1 Like

If that is your conclusion than you have not understood what ARH missiles mean. The other guy can turn around and defeat your missile while you need to keep him in a lock.

You will die. It is as simple. And even if you have a mate with you, you both will die.

That’s honestly the reason why I see a hard cut between ARH and SARH missile generations as a necessity. Because if someone knows what they are doing, you’re done for. And you can’t do anyhing about it.

I am openly against any Fox-3 addition in the next half of the year. Air RB is too much of a fustercluck for this and really, the meta is just flying 100m above the ground killing anyone that even tries to deply a missile at high altitude, because god forbid, that’s how the system was built - and simply because a long range missile duel is fun. What difference will ARH create, except that you are even more likely to die now if you do not hug the ground? People will not engage in BVR as I recognize time and time again, the basics of cranking or similar are absolutely unknown to pretty much any player. It is just: HA! R-27ER go BRRRRRR! And due to the missile being so fast, they often don’t need to crank to win against a cranking Aim-7M launch.

1 Like

pretty sure the gripen A got a fox3 BEFORE it got an IRCCM IR missile

and yeah the R-Darters aren’t even on the gripen, i’ve seen nil evidence and the only one was a hollow shell for a show

that’ll just be wayyy to advanced lmao, but obvious on why gaijin won’t do that but it’ll be fun to mess around with in customs etc

1 Like

8v8 with 2 airfields and a corridor map

1 Like

Today I tried a short ranged HMD slaved MICA shot, but it did go for chaff immediately. That was strange to watch…

1 Like

yep, irl a Rafale managed to shoot down a plane which was behind it thanks to a lock given by another plane (in a training situation)

1 Like

These schematics are made up with no evidence. I have created an own version based on Major sources and visual confirmation, its in the OP of the Rafale thread.

SPECTRA is also able to slave MICA via DDM after a target fired a missile at your direction, LAM is not necessary for 360° shots.

4 Likes

Excuse me but what’s DDM?

Thanks for the information, i will check the thread.

DDM is the MAWS on Rafale and Mirage 2000 (rarely equipped).

Forsure, a necessary feature that they need to add

Bruh, you jumped to the conclusion that I don’t know what ARH missiles means very fast. Or maybe I know what ARH missiles are and I know they are counterable by just knowing how they works (especially the early ones). I actually tried the r27er in the event (mig-29smt can take 2), and they work just fine. People died 10-15 seconds before their missile would impact me, that means just when the ARHM went pitbull, and I could easily dodge it due to a low energy state of it. I’m not saying the r-27er would be meta, but that it would not suffer like the other fox-1s in the game, because of it’s superior flight charateristic.
You are right saying that you can just turn cold and problem solved, but your missile will go stupid with a simple crank by my side, you need to guide it close to pitbull range if you want your missile lethal. So it is not as easy as your are making it

Idk what exactly got changed, but it seems like that the missiles are too easy to notch / chaff today. Many failed to hit even on high flying targets at less then 20km range.

3 Likes

take into account that we don’t have dual plane maneuvering in game

I don’t think the mica got dual plane

irl it prob does

It currently have both :
Dual Plane Ailerons (DPA)
Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC)

Since the TVC and the DPA are located to the same area of the missile → maybe why the MICA is limited to 50G,

However, it is able to keep that 35G at the end of flight and that is not from TVC, since the rocket engine is long gone at that time (=DPA)

1 Like