General playtest of air-to-air missiles with ARH Seekers (FOX-3)

Hugging the ground is not 100% reliable if they are fired high from above, the r27er behaves like that too

Yeah, muilt-pathing is an option, but these are ARH not SARH and they will only get better, and I always find that it completely limits counterattack options, more terrain = more counterattack options, besides ARB needs a map that isn’t just funneling players into a bowl, and it seems they need the practice on making good maps.

2 Likes

Maps need either to be way bigger (like multiple runways spread across 60-150km of just one side of the map ‘bigger’) or teams need to be downsized. As is, everyone launches at everyone and so the “furball” that starts at the beginning of most top tier matches is just from further away. Either one of those two options would lead to less missiles in the air at any given time especially since most maps right now funnel one or both teams into a really small area instead of allowing teams to spread out and cover more ground.

3 Likes

Also to anyone thinking the Mirage 4000 could get MICAs… Well it can’t. Basically it’s not upgraded to the standard MICA (It last flew in 1988 while the MICA entered service in 1996 with the Mirage 2000-5).

I thought it was planned to be integrated with MICA near the end of it’s development cycle?

How are you planning to do grinding for ARH missiles when they’re on the live server? Presumably they are a mod, but using only SARH missiles against an ARH being thrown at you from well beyond your effective range doesn’t seem very fun, especially if you have to grind through your own SARH to even begin to get to the ARH missiles.

1 Like

The simplest solution for now would be to reduce team size to 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10.

If they added Air RB Enduring Confrontation (EC) then 16 vs 16 could probably work but would require adding a new ongoing game mode.

I hope we see Air RB EC again soon. The game wasn’t ready for it in 2017 but today it really is. Especially with advanced fox 3’s.

5 Likes

Can you fix the aim120 just oscillating for no reason? It reminds me of when the r73 was on the dev server.

Please for day 2 make the match sizes 12v12 at maximum!

6 Likes

my sincere and honest opinion it would be really fun and more enjoyable if you guys reduce the 16vs16 to 10vs10, my suggestion is: we are in devserver time, you can reduce the player count to 10vs10 with this only change the gameplay would be completly different, the missiles are fine, the really need some tweaks yeah of course, right now there is no overpowered missile, people are fighting equally each other, all the people here can do BVR engagements without any problem, but the only thing that it needs to be changed to make the gameplay a lot better is the player count, again 10vs10 for me is the bestttt optionn everr.

1 Like

So… we will have fox 3’s this update or nahh

No they stated second patch of the year

Not cool :(

1 Like

Very cool as the arh missiles still need to be modeled properly etc

1 Like

And we kinda need to make the matches 10v10
(They could’ve spent the time better than make 5 premiums)

2 Likes

I agree, ideally I’d love to see either proper EC maps with multiple airfields or 8v8 games return

3 Likes

The ARH missiles are great. Of course some of their stats are in need of fine tuning and revision (eg. AMRAAM having 40G overload when, as far as I’m aware, Korean tests shows a max of 35Gs and the USAAF reports ~28Gs). Nevertheless, these missiles are very fun and I look forward to seeing their full implementation in the game.

However, 16v16 absolutely needs to go. This has been an issue brought up many times by the WT community, but 16v16 simply does not fit the current Air RB environment. Going back to 12v12 would at least alleviate some of the issues created with 16v16, but ideally we would go down to 10v10 or 8v8.

Furthermore, Air RB really needs a secondary gamemode. Air RBEC would help solve many of the issues ARH missiles add, namely spreading people out and allowing people to respawn. As another person said in this thread, DCS gamemodes are evidence of RBEC being a positive implementation of ARH missiles. Let us have lobbies that we can join/leave (just like Sim) and finally allow us to have RBEC. It is time for this gamemode to come (back) to WT.

The final thing I would like to suggest is giving newly bought aircraft stock ARH missiles if they can mount them. A loadout of 2x ARH and 2x IR missiles (for a total of 4 missiles) would be enough to allow players to stock grind these top tier jets without wanting to (to put this mildly) stop playing.

9 Likes

Loving the Derby… I wish it had its adjustable thrust

3 Likes

That was just the maximum amount the 120 needed to pull to complete its task, it is highly unlikely this is the maximum overload, just the highest load we are told publicly that it has pulled.

4 Likes

ah gotcha, thanks for the info :)

1 Like