General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

TK-X No.IV & Type X

https://x.com/NAMELESS_JSDF/status/1795859482431381984/photo/1

4 Likes

HMV and Type 73 heavy truck of the Somaliland’s militant equiped with rocket launchers. 💀

https://x.com/GreatPoppo/status/1807762954856923483

8 Likes

well will we get tailand’s jas39 at next version?

Dear Gaijin.
When will the crew of the Type 81 C be three?
type81_1
type81_2

11 Likes

Hand crank for auto-loader of Type 90 in case of emergency situations.

15 Likes

Russians do seem to like Japanese vehicles quite a bit from what I’ve heard and it’s not surprising they’d put them up there with tanks lol

japoński

Aaand this abomination

7 Likes

How’d they get the Mega Cruiser?

This article sums it up nicely so I’ll spare everyone from my broken english.
Short answer, they just bought the HMVs. (Quite cheaply if I have to say, only 2 million roubles)

Ukraine only got HMVs from Japan recently and the first photos of the “russian” HMVs are from late 2022

1 Like

Was there any version of the SUB-I-II that had a gunner that wasn’t exposed never have I felt more frustrated the armour doesnt bother me just the fact that the gunner dies from everything quickly same nonsense the M42 has its gunner also dies quickly more often then not it gets you killed

Does the Thailand VT4 have APS? it seems that Thai VT4 is the basic version one, hope it can have lower BR

SUB-I-II with 20mm is by itself the experimental version made from Type 73 exp. hull. So only one version of it was built with this turret specification

3 Likes

You can have gaijin add structure models, and that will help a little, a little :3

A lovely display of Japanese main battle tank engines. From left to right, the engines showcased are from the Type 10, Type 90, and Type 74 tanks. Note how the size of the engines becomes more compact with each newer model.

https://x.com/CFusoh3/status/1809857528496550366

8 Likes

Nobody addopted VT-4 with APS. I doubt it is even mass-produced cuz nobody ordered it.

Thing is, the SUB-I-II seems to has the exact same cupola and gun mount as the Type 73 APC, and the Type 73 APC machine gun is remotely control from inside the vehicle, so the SUB-I-II should be capable the same ?

Btw the video from devblog didn’t have the gunner outside and the cupola is closed.

But then again we have roof mounted MGs that can shoot while the commander is inside the vehicle regardless if they are RWS or not so i don’t see why the SUB needs its gunner outside.

8 Likes

Is It remotely controlled? I really thought it is not because looks like simple machine gun turret.

73式装甲車は1973年12月に制式化された装軌式装甲車。アルミ製車体で、浮上航行装置を装着すれば、水上航行もできる。車体上に装着される12.7mm重機関銃は車内から操作できるリモコン式。全体で338両が生産された。

The Type 73 armored personnel carrier is a tracked armored vehicle that was officially adopted in December 1973. It features an aluminum hull and can navigate on water when equipped with flotation devices. The 12.7mm heavy machine gun mounted on the vehicle can be operated remotely from inside. A total of 338 units were produced.

5 Likes

I really like the Yukari tank videos, they’re very cute.

3 Likes

I would think that It should be remote fired there isnt any hand controls visible on the model at all and ammo amount should be slightly more 50 per ammo box is unrealistic especially with such a high rate of fire there might of been a slow fire setting aswell or single fire mode

1 Like

Just wonder, is Japanese tree died (or entering a extremely slow growth)? Few years ago, we can feel the growth started to slow down but at least we still got some new little low BR toys like chi-ha LG and some plane, but recently I just feel like Gaijin just out of Japanese vehicles (exclude naval, nobody play naval) they even stop giving WWII fighter like they used to do.