Game crashes upon start, fatal error

EDIT, thanks to @Krteq:

Fatal error - Exception upon start of the game through steam.
Did a full verification of integrity of game data, still crashing.
Have not been able to enter lobby yet.

Will try more fixes and keep the post updated, not very keen on trying a reinstall yet if I can avoid it.

2023_08_11_13_20_32__19344.clog (77.9 KB)
crashDump-13.20.38.dmp (538.0 KB)

3 Likes

DxDiag.zip (16.6 KB)
Was not allowed to post more than 2 links in the OT.

Same for the normal Client, crashes while trying to launch, a few hours ago it worked perfectly, must be the recent patch

I see an influx in posts just as I posted myself - glad I’m not the only one with the issue, sad it’s happening…
Thanks for your reply!

Same thing is happening to me, what you need to do is delete your cache folder. Fixed it for me at least, very weird bug

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-08-11 193257

1 Like

.zipping as we speak, will test if this fixes the issue and feed back.

Very odd bug, the game was fine an hour ago. Tried almost everything, and then I deleted my cache folder, and somehow it works now. Try it and let me know if it words for you :D, hope it helps

It’s official now

Ayyyy I guessed it

Thanks!

is there anything to note before deleting the cache file?

it worked for me probs ;D

Nope, gaijin has made a post instructing players to delete the cache folder as a temp fix, so it should work just fine :D

Wait will they extend the summer event for task 2 Because off that

It is a 1 minute fix, and the problem was around for about half an hour before the devs posted a fix for it. I don’t think they will, but time will tell

Nah cus i deleted the cache it didnt work for me

Try verifying the game cache after deleting the folder.

Tks Ende4vour. It works for me. Hope this will remain stable.

• Workaround: delete the folder \WarThunder\cache.
  • Workaround for PS4 and PS5 : you can сlear your save data on PS4 (Settings → Application Saved Data Management → Saved Data in System Storage → Delete → War Thunder). Please note that the process of deleting save data or saves does not delete the game.
  • Workaround for Xbox: need to press the Live button, scroll to the War Thunder game, then press the “menu” button on the gamepad, go to the “Manage games and add-ons” section → saved data → on the gamepad you need to press the A button → delete all.

Please note that data that has not been synchronized will be lost.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

1 Like