Game crashes on startup after latest update, Fatal Error: Exception

After the latest update, every time I launch the game it immediately crashes with the message “Fatal Error: Exception”. I have found other posts about the same issue, and tried the solutions presented there but nothing has helped so far. I started getting this issue yesterday (14/3), the game was working fine before.

What I’ve tried so far:
-Verifying files on Steam
-Reinstalling the game on steam
-Windows repair command
-Updating GPU drivers
-Deleting all game files manually then reinstalling on Steam
-Installing the standalone launcher
-And restarting my PC of course

My PC specs:
R7 1700X
1080Ti
16GB RAM

Any ideas on what could help and what’s going wrong?

3 Likes

Hey i have the same issue, i have also tried everything but still no luck. I hope the mods with will see this and find a solution to this

2 Likes

Hey i have the same issue just like you I have tried everything like:
Reinstalling the game
DDU (deleting my drivers)(I have nvidia RTX 4060 8gb)
and other
But i was afraid that my system (pc) has a problem but you gave me hope
I have ‘‘exceptions’’ ‘‘fatal errors’’ and ‘‘Video driver hung and was restarted. Texture quality was reduced’’

Update: I got it to work after deleting war thunder and steam completely from my pc and downloading it again and it works now. I hope it will work for you guys too

i have deleted war thunder 2 times now and im from steam

Tried deleting and reinstalling Steam and War Thunder, still doesn’t work, same error.

Update, more stuff I’ve tried:
-Running war thunder using dx11 and dx12
-Installing on another drive
-Updating GPU drivers and doing a full reinstall this time
-Running the game directly without Steam
-Deleting the local profile files

Still isn’t working, I’ll put in a support ticket.

Solved. I reinstalled Windows (entirely, not just repairing the Windows install) and the problem went away. In case anyone else runs into the same issue, that might work as a last resort.

Calling all gamers seeking a delightful blend of casual and engaging [free online games](How to Publish Games on Nostra? Read Important Info) Nostra, the cutting-edge gaming platform, boasts a vibrant library of titles catering to diverse tastes. Whether you have a few minutes or an hour to spare, these latest additions of the best android games on Nostra promise captivating gameplay without the commitment of complex mechanics.

Jungle2048: A Puzzle Paradise in the Wild – Brace yourselves for a nostalgic twist! This innovative take on the classic 2048 transports you to a lush jungle environment. Match charming animal tiles and jungle items instead of numbers, aiming for the coveted 2048 tile. Visually stunning graphics and challenging puzzles make Jungle2048 perfect for puzzle enthusiasts seeking a visually captivating and strategic experience.

Ball Blaster: Unleash Your Inner Arcade Master – Calling all adrenaline junkies! Ball Blaster is an action-packed game that throws you right into the heart of arcade mayhem. Test your reflexes and aim as you launch a ball through a series of obstacles and brick walls. Each level offers a fresh challenge, pushing you to rack up impressive scores and master the art of precision blasting. Ball Blaster is ideal for short bursts of intense fun that will leave you wanting more.

Easter Egg Mania: Celebrate All Year Round – Who says Easter fun is limited to a single season? Easter Egg Mania on Nostra brings the festive spirit to your fingertips year-round. Match colorful Easter eggs, overcome playful challenges, and be enveloped by cheerful visuals as you immerse yourself in the joy of the Easter season. This delightful game caters to casual players seeking a lighthearted and visually appealing experience.

Falling Blocks: A Test of Reflexes and Strategy – Get ready for a fast-paced adventure with Falling Blocks! This game is all about quick thinking and strategic maneuvering. Arrange falling blocks of different shapes to create complete lines and clear the screen before it overflows. Simple yet undeniably addictive, Falling Blocks is perfect for quick gaming sessions that offer a satisfying challenge and put your reflexes to the test.

Nostra’s latest offerings cater to a variety of tastes, whether you crave a strategic puzzle adventure, an adrenaline-pumping arcade experience, or a touch of festive cheer. So, head over to Nostra, choose your weapon of choice, and dive into a world of casual yet engaging gameplay!