Game crashes during match if I push R

Funny enough when I type in-game chat the R doesn’t trigger a crash but outside of it instant crash.
Copied crash ID or whatever it was called e372bfe931

At the moment of writing this I am having steam verify integrity of game files.

What is “R” bound to in the controls?

Try removing everything bound to it and press the button. If it still causes a crash. Then Id put my money on another program open in the background causing the CTD and not anything to do with WT specifically

1 Like

Clear all controls with R and nothing happened, game ran just fine. Bound R only on rangefinder and still didn’t crash.
Loaded the old controls pressed R and it crashed. I have used these controls for years and it is weird how now it is a problem.

I went through the controls. “Switch Radar/IRST search on/off” was also bound to R and removing it fixed the crashing.
But now it seems “Switch Radar/IRST search on/off” is the problem. I cleared all controls and bound only “Switch Radar/IRST search on/off” to any button it always caused game to crash.

1 Like

There are issues on going with controls. I would submit a bug report:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder?from-ts=1709251200&to-ts=1727737199

Also include steps you used to figure out the issue i.e

• Isolated the control setting causing the CTD
  • Tested it with different bindings

and then go from there. Should hopefully be fixed sooner rather than later.

(out of curiosity, does it also cause a CTD when you “Switch Radar/IRST search on/off” via the multi-function menu (“Y” by default if I recall correctly)? )

Also, is it all vehicles or just one specific vehicle?

1 Like

Works without problems through multi-function menu.

1 Like

Yeah, thats wierd and kinda interesting. But at least you have a short-term fix for now :D

What happens if instead of reloading the preset, you set that key manually? Or did you already do that to figure out it was IRST search that was doing it?

Game crashes during match if I push R

Lord_of_Admirals

Well don’t push “R” then.

Sorry… couldn’t help it, typical English humour.

1 Like

Did you happen to buy the YP-38 today on the re-run?

1 Like