Gaijin need to add spall liners to Chinese vehicles

Honestly I don’t even think spall liners will make too big of a difference anymore now that they are clearly less effective.

I think top tier Chinese tanks need more than just spall liner to be competitive. They get out reloaded by every single tank at top tier only matching the reload of the T-90m, even though they should have a 6.5 reload to match T-80 series of tanks. The armor on the ZTZ99a is good but the weak spots on all three of their top tiers are massive especially the breach, plus the armor in the WZ1001 is significantly worse than the 99a in the ufp making it weak to most top tier rounds, and the VT-4 armor is worse than many 11.0 and 10.7 tanks and has no redeeming qualities. The shell is amazing at 10.7 on the ZTZ99II and III but lackluster at top tier especially considering it’s sub par post pen damage. And to top it all off none of China’s 11.7 tanks have any survivability. Not to mention their models being completely off for their gun shields and lfp.

3 Likes

Honestly i agree to certain extents but disagree to others… The spall liners still work fine and do save your life on leopards etc… they would definitely help on the Chinese tanks as with any other tank in the game. I would rank the Chinese top MBTs as:

1. ZTZ99A
  2. LCT
  3. VT-4A1

The ZTZ99A just has the better armor scheme and the ERA works wonders against APFSDS in ricocheting them or degrading the post pen dmg.

The LCT literally has a better gun (10 more mm of pen, not much) and IN MY OPINION a worse commander machine gun, reason being that the higher caliber doesn’t justify the outrageous low amount of ammo it has and to kill choppers the 12.7 is more than enough.

The VT4A1 is a bit of a hit and miss for me, so far its my second best performing tank out of the three but for obvious reasons it has less protection compared to the 99A and the LCT. The one extremely positive side tho is the APS, this guy kept on saving me against helis at distances while other tanks simply eat the missiles, i’m really looking forward to other systems that have the GL-6.

Also one thing that a lot of people forget is that the Chinese tanks are one of the few that have the LWS. Leopards don’t have it, Abramses don’t, only the T90M does and with its lackluster reverse speed i would say it doesn’t do much, 2 Challengers have it, lets not mention how bad Arietes are (the LWS won’t make up for the massive issues of the tank itself, but they do have LWS), Leclercs don’t have LWS and neither do the Swedish. (And just to add up, a lot of light tanks of the other nations don’t have LWS)

3 Likes

The ztz99’s all have laser aps, but gaijin couldn’t be bothered to add it and just called it a laser warning system.
IMG_2563
Id rather just have the aps system.

3 Likes

If you have sources that state that then make a bug report, as simple as that.

Pretty sure that’s been bug reported multiple times

1 Like

Could you try to find it and link it here?

Guess I was wrong… it’s come up on the forums but I guess nobody has actually bug reported it

It’s indeed an APS, it apparently blinds a incoming missile with some sort of light or laser. It also apparently effects tank sights with this blinding light/laser and is also modelled in other games (not quite sure on the name).

The ZTZ99A also has something similar to this on the rear left side of the turret, Gaijin couldn’t be bothered to model that also and just labelled it a LWS.

APS of the ZTZ99-II/III

APS of the ZTZ99A appears to always be covered, haven’t found a single image of it being displayed or open for view

3 Likes

Again… if we have documentation for it we should bug report it.

Emphasis on “if”, do we have documents about the APS on the ZTZ99-II/III/ZTZ99A? No.

This also applies to the J-11A issue and there being next to zero public documents or manuals about the aircraft available without them being classified like all other in service Chinese vehicles.

Best we have are secondary sources, predictions and evaluations on Chinese vehicles

2 Likes

Authored books are fine too, as we have those for the planes. I don’t personally know of the authored books for Chinese ground forces…

1 Like

It’s called jd-3 and for some reason gaijin named the aps on the ztz96a(p) jd-3. 3km of range, blinds anything that shines a laser at it.

1 Like

no,JD-3 is a Infrared jammer that we have got on ZTZ96AP in game.
In the development process of ZTZ99, the laser device is named to YG-A and YG-B(automatic and semiauto),this can be found in the biography of tank designers ZhuYuSheng.

总结

Related universities and PLA unit 's experiments have proven that laser suppression device is very effective.

总结

create_pdf.aspx (bit.edu.cn)
M490701 (laser-infrared.com)

We can also guess ZTZ99 and ZTZ99A 'slaser suppression device performance in the game from the acceptance criteria.

总结
总结

laser

Operating distance
Under visibility of 10-20km:
Eye damage for ground combatants without coating protection: 6km (infantry)
Eye damage for air combatants without coating protection: 8km (helicopter)
Interference suppression distance: 5km ( for typical optoelectronic devices such as laser rangefinder, thermal imaging, low light night vision, CCD, laser alarms, etc)
Interference distance to air targets:11km
Interference distance to ground targets:Consistent with the range of the main gun.
Action angle:
horizontal: 360°.
vertical:Follow the main aiming field of view(commander or Gunner).
reaction rate:
0-180° required time: 2s (90°/s)
System response time: 1.5s

The laser device on ZTZ99A has been upgraded, but the name is still unknown.

7 Likes

Could we submit this and see what answer they give us?

1 Like

@thethrill8284257 Could we use this as bug report material maybe?

Perhaps, i dont know if the bug report moderators would accept it as primary.

The issue is i’m unsure whether in the sources the ZTZ99A is directly mentioned… if not then the mods will simply deny the bug report.

Wait so the YG-B (the one found on ZTZ99s) on the LCT is defined as “optics” and on the 99s is not even modelled?

Spoiler

1 Like

GJB 7223-2011是99A的激光压制器检验标准
it’s a laser suppression device on ZTZ99A.

3 Likes

In fact, they are two systems,Gaijin didn’t make the laser pressing system into the game:

总结

1ccf7c34349b033b69d70bea53ce36d3d439bd8d
fc7e573b5bb5c9ea21acf4d39339b6003bf3b38d

2 Likes