Gaijin, are cockpits that pointless? New players first experience with cockpits are just horrible!

I find it hilarious that war thunder pulls in New players with advertisement’s about top tier jets and ultra detailed cockpits then when the player starts playing the cockpits are either placeholders or haven’t been updated since 2014!

Seriously, this is the first impression you are giving new players!

These bomber/Slightly bigger/older cockpits being so graphically displeasing that i get enraged every time I jump in any bomber, since all that is in there is the basic design template and some gauges placed in the completely wrong positions! Seriously the impression you get is that the devs litterarly dont care about these things. Only the newest jets, since they pull in players only for them to be met with THIS

For gods sake you can see the pixels! (probaly not the worst one, tbh)

This problem is especially noticable with the 80% majority of bombers in-game!

Is it really that labor-intensive and costly to hire a freelancer to create new skins for these cockpits? For goodness’ sake, this is the first impression new players have of the game. It also shows us veteran players that you couldn’t care less about these models. I understand that you’re focused on fixing the game code and features to make gameplay less torturous and tedious. But come on, the first impression you’re giving new players is misleading

5 Likes

Personally i dont think most new players actually care.

Just using that excuse to further your own opinion.

7 Likes

Sureee, go with that theory.

Its true though, this just shows a lack of effort. Every trailer for WT planes i see now is the ultra modern highly detailed cockpits of jets, and if that part is what drew a 1st perspective/VR player in they are in for a major disappointment. Since they cant damn well skip the grind and get B-17 (or whatever) immediately.

Didn’t you yourself say (no I didn’t stalk u, I was just reading on that post since its a burning trashpile and its fun to see what people will end up saying.)

“I think Chinese tree is generally the most mismanaged, the Mbts are plagued with a ton of issues that would easily be solvable if gaijin hired a competent modeling company.”

This falls under the same Tree of issues, Gaijin is horrible at creating functional models for vehicles that was added right up untill recently since now it looks like they are attempting to put as much details as possible into new things, completely shitting on older additions unless they are wildly popular like the B17 or B29 etc.

And its the oldest additions that new players play, so id say that its a funny thing to see new players first vehicle be the ugliest low poly designs imaginable.

Personally id like to see proper cockpits make it into the game, but i find it highly unlikely.

Not enough players play bombers for gaijin to add cockpits, theyve even stated they didn’t want to due to it increasing game size.

4 Likes

As stated by Gajin the bimber cockpits are not a priority or a viable option for the game to keep the space as free as possible

Vast majority of players never look at the cockpits because they play in AB and RB.
So… yes.

1 Like

Textures take up space.
Download the 4k client.
IDK how many of the cockpits have updated textures, but some of them do.
I just use the standard client cause the detail is more than enough.

1 Like

Could we make it a optional, DLC like the High-res textures on steam

Once again, you’re asking them to do something that the vast majority of players doesn’t really care about. Most people don’t care about the looks of cockpits, so making a whole DLC like the high-res texture pack would be a total waste of workforce.

This IMO is simply wrong… @thethrill8284257 there was talking about models that actually end up impacting the game since we are talking about armor spots that either are wrong or straight up don’t exist. Not having a cockpit doesn’t make your gameplay objectively worse, rather your personal experience with it.

I too would love to look at the models of cockpits and see them well made and shiny… the issue is this isn’t something that “everybody” or “the majority” of the players want, hence making it go down in priority.

2 Likes

I remember when I was a new player, and bought the Fw-190D13

The ammo counter in that thing is 1990s graphics

This was in 2017 summer

I was appalled and disgusted by it. I probably as a graphics illiterate person can make higher resolution in 1 day

2 Likes

Might want to fix your spelling

It’s incredible how many gaijin lovers feel uncomfortable hearing an opinion about making improvements to the game.

2 Likes

Are you including me?
Just checking

Or they just buy a top tier premium to feed my stats? I think that’s the more likely option during this time is it not?
Other than that the game’s showing it’s age, no other way to put it. Hell it was awesome looking back in 2014 when i started tho

I remember someone saying it costs about $15K to get a single 4k cockpit modelled and functional in game. If you can make a business case to Gaijin explaining why that investment would make them profit then go right ahead. Alternately, you could learn how to make them yourself for the vehicles you want and do it for them and get paid for doing it.

I downloaded 4k textures, but I can only see the difference on the aircraft’s skin.

I think maybe you need to go outside a bit more

3 Likes

lol, im out drinking and talking to my friends like every other day lmao

but i get it lol

Just look at this. This is on 2K ULTRA with HIGH RES TEXTURE PACK installed on a 4090.

FW-190 D13 cockpit

3 Likes