Gaijin and modern NATO armor

Ok so cool, you do think that between 10 to 20mm of penetration is enough to make a round vastly superior got it.

Tell me, how many more things will you penetrate which you cannot already do so with that additional 10 to 20mm of 60 degree penetration?

To that same end the only two rounds presented here that will generate a tangible amount of additional spall is M322 and M338 which I have already admitted is the case between KE-W and M322, the former being the same weight as F1 and the latter being heavier.

As of now you have just re-iterated largely what I have already stated which is that F1 sits together with these other rounds without a major upside or downside bar a weight deficiency compared to M322 and M338, none of these rounds are better penetration wise by a tangible margin bar possibly M338 which normalizes slightly better than the rest due to it cresting the 350mm 60 degree mark.

Someone had the point fly over their head

Not much except some Russian Tanks, however that doesn’t change the fact having more penetration make shots more consistent, but of course you cannot know that without having played the Leclerc.

So you basically implied they’re better, since the better spall.

I have stated several times that LKE1 is not a good round for top tier nor an 11.7 one by any means. It is the 2nd worse round in the game, which is a fact you cannot change.

Every other round we tested have better penetration and weight, therefore they’re better, not sure why you’re trying to defend LKE1.
Additionally for your information, M322 can be finded starting at 11.0, DTC10-125 at 10.7, M338 at 11.3, LKE1 is an 11.7 round that is somehow boosted by the fact it is shooted by an L52, and it is still not better than 11.3/10.7 darts. You just proved my point that the fact the round is the second worse round in the game in both penetration and weight. Of course you would agree with me if you have played the Leclerc, but apparently you want to be right without even having tried them and basing off statistic, when even the statistics proves what i’ve been saying.

DOI in WT, not in real life. There’s a difference dude (assuming you didn’t know that).

Oh hey look, shifting the goalposts away from the AIM and Clickbait and to the original M1A2 and Challenger 2, did not expect you to claim the original iteration of the chally 2 is good, but ok.

“No their performance was actually pretty average”
“Those were their winrates”
“GoALpOstING”

Coping about falling for bait, nice.

Already stated it a few times, I used 3BM42 as a metric as it is the most bog standard round across the board without being a turbodart, to that same end, you can penetrate the entire running UFP of the entire M1 series with A2 but this is not shown by the pen calc, something I have already highlighted.

Even if we do use 3BM-42, the penetrable area on the Leclercs is still significantly higher thanks to the upper plate being made from melted butter;

Then well, you straight up lie that the upper plate can be “penetrated in its entirety”, it cannot unless you’re negating some of its angle - this is why 2A6s upper plate is better than 2A7Vs, they ricochet APFSDS.

Yes because you seem to be interested in pulling data from 2019 to validate your arguments I get to pull dated info of other OP transgression as well, you cant have your cake and eat it too my friend.

I’m pulling WR data (like you are), not what was causing that WR lmao, get over yourself and stop playing the victim card.

For someone who has been around since 2014, I cannot believe you have no knowledge of how LOS penetration works in WT. Yes Gaijin treats all armor LOS as 0 degree RHAe, but saying the 60 degree perforation limit on APFSDS-T is irrelevant misguided at best.

LoS 60 perforation is only there to look nice on a statcard, it is not used in the game - if it was, projectiles like DM53 would be capable of perforating T-80BVM out to 1km in the game. The entire point is that it’s completely irrelevant in WT, because it’s numbers that are no used, whether you agree or not, that is a fact that cannot be changed.

Here, take a read of the old forums real quick : Question; What is LOS penetration and is it implimented to War Thunder? - Ground Forces Discussion - War Thunder - Official Forum

TLDR ish : LOS penetration is derived from doubling the value of the rounds perforation capabilities at 60 degrees but applies only towards APFSDS-T shells, meaning that your 60 degree perforation value is derives what your actual 0 degree perforation value is, this is indecently a uniquely APFSDS-T feature in WT.

The only important bit of information from that thread is AriesV explaining why LoS 60 performance is not applicable to the game’s simulation of armour versus projectile, and AnimeThighs (this was his name before his perma ban) saying “do not listen to him, I am right and he is wrong”, going as far as to imply that the game “simulates” composite armours (it does not, all WT does is take a block of armour, give it KE & CE modifiers and have it act like a finite block of steel).

Especially this part of his comment:

The fact that the game has different values for angled plates automatically means that LOS is automatically a part of the game.

That’s nothing more than the game calculating the line-of-sight thickness of the armour module or armour plate & then applying a flat protection modifier, that is then pittied against a flat perforation modifier. What’s more, some differences can be also explained by the existence of short & long-rod modifiers, the latter of which ““improves”” a KEP’s performance against armour - it is Gaijin’s attempt as simulating the differences in performance between early APFSDS projectiles (because their performance against spaced & composite armours was inferior to that of more advanced rounds, but still better compared to APDS) and later developments (i.e monoblocks) against composites, that’s all, there’s nothing more to it.

There used to be some much more in-depth looks into how gaijin implemented this but sadly the old forums are nearly impossible to root through now.

There hasn’t. It has always been flat armour modifier (performance) versus flat perforation stat - some people created bug reports in hopes Gaijin does actually change that, but they didn’t, and some of those reports date back to 2018.

There’s some variations to this (as I said earlier) where certain projectiles or types of projectiles receive special modifiers to improve their performance (such as Soviet APCBC or monoblock APFSDS) but at the end of the day it all still comes down to their flat perforation stat.

Right, good night to everybody, I’ll see ya later.

Nope, as you said it will be more consistent but you wont go through anything you cant already.

I’ve already stated they spall more, do I think its enough to say they are flat out better in every way than say KE-W which I have used, no.

And I have not stated its a good round, I have stated it is an average one, dont try to put words in my mouth saying it is something else than average.

Avoiding my other statements and KE-W in it’s entirety.

And? You seem to be trying to insinuate that I hold the F1 as a equal to M829A2, Type 10, or DM53, I never said it was a comparable top tier round, nor did I ever state it was on par with the former 3 rounds, which is why I compared to it rounds that actually have similar performance which happen to be at lower BRs.

If you want to posture for a better Leclerc round be my guest, I have no qualms with that, nor have stated such, but the round is still usable where it is and that reality wont change, it is not the best, but it is not unusable.

You seem to be trying to argue a point I was never arguing about, see above.

Its not average, its the 2nd worse round.

Wow, bold of you assuming that stuff since you never played a Leclerc.

KE-W is an 11.3 round, and its better than OFL 120 F1 as well, your point?

I said it was the second worse round, which is the truth. I have many games on every tank, Leclerc with a better round, even M322 or M338 would do so much better, because those round are more consistent, and shooted from the L52 of the Leclerc they would have roughly 600+ mm of penetration, together with great spalling.

And i have played with every top tier tank in the game, i know what i’am saying and i can confidently say that jumping from LKE1 to M322/M338 would be an very good upgrade, having DM53 could be better yes, but not by much.

The better round in the game is M829A2 since it is the most consistent, Type 10 is a good round yes, but it is nothing compared to the consistency M829A2 gives you. Currently M829A2 is the best round, followed by DM53 and M338. Out of every round, M338 and M829A2 are the most consistent ones.

it is quite funny that he disingenuously use the 3bm42 and he is still wrong

2 Likes

Dividing nations by skill is only your own perception. People are same everywhere in the world.
It hasn’t been proven in wt in any way either.
The vehicle themselves give nation’ s winrate that is observed in the video.

Only in your imagination

Might I add that even that shouldn’t be as is, as Primary Source Docs from Testing suggest L27A1 should have superior penetration to M829A1. (so more than 598mm of Pen, assuming that M829A1 is correct)

But Lanz Odermatt Formula using unconfirmed values > primary source documents so uh you know.

1 Like

Those documents also make no mention of the angle of attack (as such the tests could’ve been carried out at higher angles in excess of >65 degrees, and they very likely were), or the quality of the armour plates etc; therefore referring to that document as some sort of gospel is fruitless - in fact Gaijin began to use L-O exactly because those documents rarely if ever give context as to how the projectile achieved that sort of perforation depth & against what.

A bug report about L27A1s performance was indeed made, but it’s about the dimensions of the projectile being incorrect (605x26mm instead of 600x25mm).

But Lanz Odermatt Formula using unconfirmed values > primary source documents so uh you
know.

We have confirmed values now, they’ve been put through L-O, you will get your slightly improved performance soon but forget about “being better than M829A1”.

1 Like

Not a single APFSDS round currently in-game is capable of penetrating the M1 UFP, not even at point blank range.

1 Like

British documents often use much higher angles of attack than what we usually see.

Here L23A1 penetration data is based off of 70° angle of attack.
M829A2 would possess 812mm of LoS penetration under the same criteria against 260 BHN target.

L23A1 438mm LoS Penetration at 70 degrees at 2km

SEPv2

AZUR

AMV

3(TD)
2A6

2A7V

BVM

TKX

VT-4A1

Mk.4M
USA truly suffers

DM53 out of the L55A1

2 Likes

should add the 2A6/7 in there just for comparison sake too

will do

1 Like

DM53 can now penetrate the abrams turret cheeks and its turret ring is much more exposed than any other tank ingame.

I must have missed something in recent datamines if it “can do it now”…

The game must’ve missed it as well.

1 Like

it’s based on the angle, the left turret cheek got penetrated many times by dm53 but somehow it can stop a 1500mm ATGM lmao

Imagine my shock when protection is based on the angle at which the attack comes from…

(^ bug reported btw)

1 Like