Gaijin and modern NATO armor

Why’d you skip 3 months

2 Months and 1 month prior to the patch, it just so happens that it takes time for WRs to change at tangible levels, but if you want I can go month per month if you want.

The closest day after the patch, 52.86ish%

The start of the next month 53.98ish%

The end of the next month 56.97ish%

Now there is a marked change come September to October of 2022, with a certain nation causing everyone else to tank in WRs, I wonder what that change could have been. (indecently this was the release time of another squadron vehicle)

This same back and forth exists through a good chunk of the data with Russia being the leading cause of massive WR shifts in recent memory, with the US pretty much being equal ish to Germany and everyone but Sweden who continually does great.

You can view the remainder here as I doubt the mods want me to keep posting more heatmap spreads.

The same “gold standard” that your precious tanks had no problems with? If they’re gold standard, so are Abrams.

Cry me a river.

This has been proven to be pure cope given the US WR was improving under the AIM but tanked the moment spall liners were added

AIM was introduced on June 15th, WR at the time was 52.86%, by August 19th it had improved to ~54% (2 months is too little for “AIM effect” to kick in), by October 12th US WR tanked to 44.9%(!) as “AIM effect” kicked in, improving to ~60% in December (SEP was introduced a few weeks earlier), by July of 2023 they were once again down to 50.1%, September 2023 down to 43.9% (this is 3 whole months before spall liners were introduced, and US was already performing badly) and it has since remained below 50%.

So much for “improved”, you’re not the only person with access to WT’s heatmap.

lets keep blaming premium additions as always when the the AIM is a clear cut example of such a vehicle improving US win rates.

Yes? The very same thing happened to both Germany & Russia, you’re just coping right now & trying to put the blame on Abrams being “bad”, when it’s just as much of a gold standard as Leopard 2A5 & 2A6 are…

Because Abrams is totally worse than Leclercs, Type 10s or Merkava’s, right? Yet Israel has managed to outperform US, for a while now in fact. Germany was already performing better than US back in September without the 2A7V, despite the fact their fixed wing CAS is nowhere near as good…

1 Like

Give it two months that they surely fix the acceleration and they will be on par
/s

Jokes aside, Abrams are really good all around tanks @Lolman345, the Leclerc is coming close to that standard given they improve its mobility and give it a better round, everything else is worse or doesn’t have the 3 important things that matter at top tier (mobility, gun handling, reload), Abrams have all 3.

2A5/6 and PSO are not bad tanks, but they’re worse than the Abrams, the main issue with US WR are the premiums and a mix of players wanting to jump into CAS planes at all cost, which lead to one-death leaving, air doesn’t win you games and US players should realize it.

i wouldn’t say that

The M1 is hot garbage compared to the Leopard 2A5 and onward, this is a known fact in WT, they are the gold standard as they are the current best tanks in the game.

Wow I did not know that the AIM being in the game was able to tank the win rates of Germany, Britain, Japan, France, Italy, Sweden and Israel, in October that is truly impressive being able to effect almost every single nation in the game at once, truly amazing.

Nice cherry picking when I outright posted the heatmap of your quoted time frame before this, being selectively blind has its perks I guess.

Quite interesting that you are postulating that the AIM’s introduction is effecting US win rates a full year after it’s introduction and not the game evolving around it, I guess the Leopard 2 PL is also doing so for German win rates this far along as well, randomly cratering multiple nations win rates at once while leaving one or two nations unscathed?

This is one of the most strawman of strawmen arguments I’ve seen in a long while but sure I’ll humor you.

The Type 10 is still one of the best snipers in the game, it why the vehicle has had a average WR above 60% since it’s introduction, so yes, per it’s WR the Type 10 is a better tank than the M1 Series, in the case of the Leclerc, it it’s WR has stayed around 50%, while I do think that it should have armor improvements, it is, imo equal to the M1 series in capabilities as is. Now we have the Merkava series which is just sad and barely played overall, they need a armor redux and improved reload, and yes I do find them inferior when compared to the M1 series, reminder as well that Israel has pretty much had a identical WR, give or take a few % points, to the US, both nations have had abysmal WRs for a long time and I’ve already mentioned that.

In the case of CAS, defaulting to CAS in a argument about tanks is flat out cope and a crutch at this point given the pendulum has already shifted back to another nation and has yet to effect their WR in a meaningful way.

Or do we want to get into another argument about how the KA-50 is still the best gunship in WT because that has been going on for years at this point and no amount of AGM-65 spam is going to remove the fact that the vikhir exists.

I find the Leclerc series to be largely similar in capabilities to the current M1s bar a touch of mobility and gunsight variations, both pale in comparison to the SRTVs and 2AXes though.

Would be nice if this was actually the case and not how those fighting the US operate now, no indecently due to the US’s lack of usable SPAAG across the board they spend most of their time getting bombed now or spammed with ATGMs.

Maybe if the ADATS did not have a TD’s spawn point cost this would not be the case, but as it stands now you either spawn a fighter as the US or die to SU-25s and Tigers HADs after the first engagement.

2A5/6 have both good mobility, so does the Abrams.
They both have a bad-ish hull, but the M1A2 onwards have a better round, and a substaintaly better reload, wouldn’t call them equal.

The Leclerc and M1 series have identical reloads at 5.0 seconds, F1 is equivalent to M829A1 which is the US’s second best round.

How is that not similar in performance in the metrics you described?

OFL 120 F1 is DM43, they’re not really equal.

The Leclerc is missing some acceleration, and its low-speed agility is underperforming, excluding that i think they’re quite much equal, given the Leclerc will receive a better round someday…

The real issue here is not really Germany, but Sweden. Germany does have one really outstanding tank, while the other can be compared to the Abrams, while Sweden have triple that and they’re even better than the 2A7V + 1 good backup + 2 good Light Tanks + a good SPAA, thats the issue

Germany after the 2A7V have the tanks i said above, some IFV’s that don’t really have a place for top tier, an SPAA that may or not work, and situational CAS/CAP

1 Like

Lol. Similar armour, similar mobility, smiliar firepower, similar survivability (no spall liners for the hull), worse reload (on all Leopard 2s). You are actually coping beyond belief. M1A2 was the literal answer to the 2A5, M829A2 was the answer to DM53 - but somehow they’re magically “just worse”… classic US mentality of “if we complain enough, we will shut everyone up”.

this is a known fact in WT

This is a known delusion, nothing more.

they are the gold standard as they are the current best tanks in the game.

Yea? How come US managed to perform well & even excellecent at times against them if they’re the “best tanks” (dude this isn’t 2019 anymore).

Wow I did not know that the AIM being in the game was able to tank the win rates of Germany, Britain, Japan, France, Italy, Sweden and Israel, in October that is truly impressive being able to effect almost every single nation in the game at once, truly amazing.

Strawman.

Nice cherry picking when I outright posted the heatmap of your quoted time frame before this, being selectively blind has its perks I guess.

Which is why you were cherrypicking only the months where US managed to perform in above average fashion? Tu quoque fyi.

I guess the Leopard 2 PL is also doing so for German win rates this far along as well

2PL kept Germany’s WRs down for more than a year, even when other nations rebounced from BVM’s onslaught, Germany was still persistently staying below 50% due to the 2PL, lmao.

The Type 10 is still one of the best snipers in the game, it why the vehicle has had a average WR above 60% since it’s introduction, so yes, per it’s WR the Type 10 is a better tank than the M1 Series, in the case of the Leclerc, it it’s WR has stayed around 50%, while I do think that it should have armor improvements, it is, imo equal to the M1 series in capabilities as is. Now we have the Merkava series which is just sad and barely played overall, they need a armor redux and improved reload, and yes I do find them inferior when compared to the M1 series, reminder as well that Israel has pretty much had a identical WR, give or take a few % points, to the US, both nations have had abysmal WRs for a long time and I’ve already mentioned that.

Right, and what’s your experience in any of those vehicles? You guessed it, you haven’t got any. You’re comparing them on paper whereas I do have all but the Merkava’s, and I can confidently state that neither Leclerc nor the Type 10 series perform in the way you think they are.

Being a good sniper? SEPs can do that as well, if not better because their turret armour is actually better. Type 10s perform better as city brawlers ironically.

Leclercs? Good try, apart from very slightly better gun-handling it boasts slower traverse, significantly worse armour et al, worse ammunition, no survivability, worse overall firepower & only identical reload (after a massive bug report)… did I mention it having no survivability & the gimmick of exploding fuel tanks already?

In the case of CAS, defaulting to CAS in a argument about tanks is flat out cope and a crutch at this point given the pendulum has already shifted back to another nation and has yet to effect their WR in a meaningful way.

“I don’t like how their argument makes sense, especially in reference to the timeframe, so I will call it cope”. US has had the best CAS for a while & arguably still does because F-16C is downright oppressive if we discount the existence of the M2K, yet you seem convinced that because Russia received a crutch addition (that I don’t agree with either way), it magically makes your crushing CAS advantage over many other nations… disappear?

Aside from that, nice whataboutism “b-b-but Ka-50!!11”.

The Leclerc and M1 series have identical reloads at 5.0 seconds, F1 is equivalent to M829A1 which is the US’s second best round.

Comparing France’s best round (2nd worst top tier round in the game btw) to a KEP that US gets at 11.0, lmao you’re too funny dude.

I was under the impression that the A6 had better armour due to all this moaning but i looks and to my shock they were about the same

2A5, 6 have better turret armor than the 2A7V probably (its been weeks since i checked tho, so take my word with a grain of salt)

1 Like

I was mainly focused on the hull

And that doesn’t make sense but it is gajin

Compared to the Abrams? Yea apart from slightly more KE protection on the glacis (which isn’t enough at top tier either way), they are pretty much identical in terms of protection… sadly some people just can’t accept the fact that their MBTs are actually good, would rather pretend that they’re some of the worst.

@WaretaGarasu is correct, 2A7Vs turret armour (and upper plate armour) are still worse than 2A6s, pretty funny.

1 Like

Hull of the 2A6 and Abrams is quite much equivalent, with the difference for the latter you have to go center, with the 2A6 you have to go left for doing meaningful damage.

And the UFP of both is consistent IIRC (UFP of the 2A6 is better than the 2A7V, lul)

1 Like

I just see the Abrams as a better challenger 2 really it not the best but its up their

I see Abrams as “do I want to end people in 1 shot consistently, or do I wanna play whack’a’mole with DM53 again?”, heh. Really appreciate M829A2, so much more consistent than DM53 at killing things.

I don’t one i get one shot

I love having a tech demonstrator

Sadly, the Challenger 2 are worse than the Abrams in any regard, there isn’t anything that can redeem them.

Only if they did what they had them like on the dev server