Gaijin and modern NATO armor

I play the T-72B3M, T-80BVM, T-90A, T-80U and many others. You said this yourself just a couple of posts back.

The simple fact remains that most of your opponents know to aim for the breech/overmatch side armor/driver’s hatch/lower glacis, thus negating the frontal armour, even when you do have it perfectly head-on.

I have no issues dealing with such vehicles, and to show that being the case I took the time to record my matches, then compiled each and every shot I had taken against a Soviet/Russian MBT to get some decent statistics:

Now, if you for some reason struggle to knock out these vehicles with only 3 crew, exposed ammunition everywhere and fuel tanks with a tendency to detonate, there’s nothing else I can say other than: Skill Issue™.

My M1’s sit on a 6 - 1 K/D ratio, I’ve got around 2700 kills in various M1’s combined, why would I suddenly be of the opinion that Russian tanks are superior dispite all my experience telling me otherwise, and all whilst someone that’s quite poor at the game, hasn’t forwarded a valid argument, and has ZERO top-tier Russia experience telling me otherwise?

important factor yeah irl and sometimes ingame, but absolutely armor play a big part and a BIG YES usa lacks a big part of their armor and gaijin ain’t moving for years bruh

This is a statement that could only be made by someone that plays a single nation, and has no experience playing Russian top-tier tanks.

Indeed, a couple of NATO tanks are missing some armour, but that hasn’t stopped those tanks from being among the strongest vehicles in the entire game.

The Leopard 2A7V is currently among the most underperforming tanks armour-wise, but again: That hasn’t changed it from sitting on a 71% winrate for a couple of months now.

That winrate is also thanks to the fact that it’s got those strong secondary factors I mentioned before.

And just for context, I’ve made numerous bug reports for NATO tanks that have actually resulted in fixes, so don’t strawman me by implying I’m against NATO tanks having their armour corrected.

Years? There are zero reports ever that prove what we want.
The only proof we have is for SEP3 which isn’t in game at this time.

On my second account i got the whole tech tree of every nation in this game, and if i said something about a nation, that’s considered a fact, and russian mbts are overrated ash and that’s also a fact, if u can tell me a tank from the 70s got more armor and more survivability than a tank that was made up in 2016 that’s copium.

Did i just witness Necrons compare Abrams with a 2a7? lmao

I didn’t see no leclerc doing good ingame, no abrams surviving more than a second, no challenger suffering in top tier, no ariete suffering also, did i?

1 Like

And why would gaijin copy and paste the whole abrams tech tree for years? u telling me that the sep v2 irl got the old 40 years armor? yes sep v3 is really quite stunning, but will gaijin add it in the near future? hellnaaaah and a big hellnah, they don’t want USA to get some good armor that’s why, u can tell they hate USA just by looking at the tech tree.

i ain’t even american nor european but still i main USA i really suffer from the lack of seriousness from Gaijin.

1 Like

First off, that’s not convincing.

Second, having two accounts is against the EULA and can result in a ban.

Could you please qoute me where I said such a thing?
Are you perhaps confusing my reply with someone else’s?

I think you’re very confused.
With all due respect, is English your second language?

They didn’t…
We also know SEP2 has more armor, however without proof of how it is more armored nothing can be done.
We need a cut front portion of the hull, or indication of its effective thickness by primary/secondary sources.

I can tell Gaijin loves USA tech tree and does their best despite limited information.
After all, the only other software with as accurately modeled Abrams damage models is Steel Beasts; Steel Beasts also suffers from not having Abrams more accurate because they too only operate on open data which means Steel Beasts’ SEP2, if it has one, is the same hull as M1A2.
Have to specify the models since Steel Beasts doesn’t simulate physics well at all.

well not mine specifically.

u the one that been yaping all day in this topic, i 100% agree with sartt u really got nothing to do with yo life but complain and argue for hours that USA is good and equal competence with sweden.

1 Like

Have u ever played top tier USA lately? it’s garbage, u ain’t winning no battle since your team is mostly challengers few leopards, few premium vehicles, other team got mostly russia so it’s just a straight W to the spawn, and have u seen how many bs on the sep v2 turret? i got killed many times by a russian HE cz the turret is so big and so many useless stuff on it, that adds zerooooo value to the tank, gaijin doesn’t love usa, how would they since they push russian propaganda for years and on this update they add more and more spaas for russia and no spaa yet for USA, i’m really confused about your bias alvis since u say that u’re from Washington, or they just give u some packs from time to time for your braveness like necrones here

I asked you to qoute me on that.

You’re essentially making stuff up about me, and when I ask you to show me evidence of saying such things, you can’t do it.
If you’re going to continue accusing me of things I’ve never said or even implied, I’m just going to have to block you.

The worst gun radar SPAA in-game with 4 of the worst MANPADs in-game, wow, so broken and worthy of being 11.7

Okay… winrate is down to team skill not the vehicle.
Soviets don’t have the best MBT, they never have.
Currently Germany does, with Sweden in 2nd only dethrowned by Germany last major.
However, that doesn’t change the fact you can have high winrates with skilled players in less capable MBTs.

I have no bias.
Russia’s not in War Thunder. Soviets are portrayed as inferior in War Thunder… pretty sure that’s not “Russian propaganda”.

affected by both*
Also, op vehicles make it possible for low skill players to perform better despite being trash, raising the winrate

Winrate won’t show that. KDR of like-vehicles will.

Look at the mirage s4 winrates. Teams were full of mirage s4’s despite many of the players being absolute noobs because its an event vehicle. WR was like 60-70% for the majority despite many players having trash kill death ratios. Though the good ones had high kill death ratios, because it shows there too. It shows both in winrate and in kdr

The Mirage Ss are OP without checking win-rate.
An OP tank BTW:

Can’t tell from the winrate.

In high mass numbers it would probably show a difference, also in ground battles you are often using other vehicles than just the op ones so a single op vehicle in the lineup won’t have a highly noticeable effect on winrate, even though it might have an effect that can be viewed when compared in masses. Its just smaller.

Excuse me did you just said the Mirage were OP?
They have only 4 missiles and only 2 magics are actually good. They are facing aircraft with 6+ missiles that are as great as the Mirage in dogfight etc and they also have great radar missiles.