FV721 Fox a wheeely good boi

So its finally coming the FV721 Fox guess it stime we had a principle thread for it so we can all discuss the thing. Technical documents weird varaints and all

15 Likes

Mid-tier Daimler…

3 Likes

Ehh honestly it’ll probably work better at a high BR where things have thinner side armour

6 Likes
Spoiler

1 Like

Good image of the fox wirh the ZB-289 radar set in there . Would be a fun little additon to help with scouting.
1031661314_unknown2.thumb.png.85140a5be9e276945434a8e04d15dfe5

9 Likes

Is that radar going to be functional?

I don’t know if we’ll have it in game but if we do it should be.

2 Likes

IIRC it is a daimler designed vehicle afterall.

Big thing we want though lads is to get the RARDEN to no longer have a default APHE/HE/APHE-HE/APHE/HE belt. Thats going to kill a lot of the fun of the Fox in my view.

The clips simply dont work that way either afaik, would be very weird.

Downsides of it
46ish rounds of useful ammo
40RPM instead of 80
A lot of your first “hits” on target will be HE round doing nothing but upsetting target

Pros for fixing it up to APHE and differen HE belts (I know APSE irl but eh)
full ammo usability as you wish
first round is an AP round no matter what
great for fighting other light vehicles and not needing to only go full APDS belt only

3 Likes

Was a 60 or 90mm turret ever slapped on the Fox? I’ve searched high and low but couldn’t find anything.

Several 20/25mm designs exist, otherwise i think Milan turrets of a couple types.

uwu

Whatever BR it comes in at, I will be using it alongside my warrior, complaining about the cannon all the while.

Unfortunately not fox was moslty used for fiddling around with a lot of autocannon turrets.

In case anyone interested :)

part 2 of armoured archives video set is a bunch of prototypes.

6 Likes

ms6zgjhej5t61
After the addition of Fox I hope that the addition of armored cars will become a trend. Most of all I am waiting for these two gems for France from Panhard

4 Likes

2 Likes

oh yea i will be taking this to top tier to zoom around in near the end of the match. will be great to flank and decap, maybe catch some distracted mbts

It is time…

9 Likes