FV510 Warrior IFV - Technical Data and Discussion

From the Delco LAV-25TOW turret system brochures:

1 Like

@Smin1080p Will the Desert Warrior launchers fold like the Bradleys even though they can’t IRL (when i mean can’t i mean Hydraulically like the Bradley as the Warrior has to be manually unfolded by a crewmen)

1 Like

Yeah the Delco turret uses M36E1 sights for both gunner and commander. The standard fit is an image intensifier. The Desert warrior swaps that out on the gunner sight for the TOW thermal sight (GITS?). You can theoretically swap it out on the commander’s for a different thermal sight but there would be no reason to.

Hey. There is no animation for this currently.

But it doesn’t fold mechanically like the Bradley they have to be unfolded by the crew manually

It doesn’t make sense for it to fold in game as they are only folded for transport

2 Likes

Appears to be manually folded/unfolded and locked in position by the crew, can’t see any hydraulics or mechanism.

6 Likes

So @Smin1080p should we bug report this as this is something it can’t do

Well, while true there is no animation

The Devs have said it will have the same fire restrictions as the Bradley. So this will need to be clearly proven it can fire at speed if that’s true.

So the crew will get out in a fire fight and manually unfold the launchers, got it

3 Likes

I can’t do anything with sarcasm unfortunately. Needs to be proven.

Well could we at least see the source that says it is mechanically folded?

Another point, is the bug report website down? Im trying to report something and it keeps saying unable to save issue

4 Likes

So… what’s their source for the fire restrictions?

We have what seems an arbitrary decision by developers which the community is then required to provided sources to disprove.

Let me be clear, I support a fire-on-the-move restriction but only because of the risk of command wire entanglement. At the moment nothing indicates that the launchers deploy electronically.

4 Likes

Yeah seems like the ideal solution would just to have them fireable as soon as the speed range is met.

im not saying that it can fire a speed but that the launchers can only be unfolded by the crew

It should not fold at all as the crew won’t get out to unfold it

Even from looking at there is no way it is folded mechanically and has to unfolded manually

There is no evidence that the lauchers can fold how the Bradleys do

If it has the fire restrictions of the Bradley does that mean we could get the Bradley’s ammo load too? /j

Try using another image. I tried to use one that you’ve posted here, and it didn’t work as well. I think they check the file extension or something like that.

That is not the desert warrior

its DRV which has the same turret :shrug: (Delco 25 Tow, if that helps your search, I can’t find anything though)