French Coastal discussion - what's new, what can be added

LE CORSE (e-50) MY BELOVED

in my opinion the commandant riviere would be a better fit for toptier french coastal, perhaps as an equivalent to the lübeck

3 Likes

Skimming through a stream as I can’t dev server myself, it seems VTB 11 may be the best choice for a go-to bluewater lineup PT, though really many are so close that it’s personal preference. My own requirement for my bluewater PTs is basically “fastest possible speed while retaining torpedoes (and also WWII out of preference)”.

VTB 19 and MTB 96 have notably better gun armament, but are rather slow at 74 km/h; definitely not a good trade for a bluewater lineup. (That said, 96 is the only thing with depth charges in the tree, so she might suddenly become significantly more important once subs show up.)

VTB 13 is the fastest at 94 km/h, but she trades her torps for a 20mm, thus is out of the running. (She’ll likely be quite fun at her BR though.)

VTB 8/9/11/14 all have the same max speed of 89 km/h and carry the same twin 7.7mm Darne and two torpedoes. However, while three of them also have the same torps, 11 has overall slightly better ones (3 km instead of 2 km, 66 km/h instead of 61 km/h).

This is all purely statcard info, so no idea about, say, handling/turning, reverse speed, etc.

In short, if you absolutely want to min-max go with VTB 11, but if you simply like VTB 8/9/14 better then go with them.

from what i can tell the VLT-1 is just a faster MC-490 with two less torpedoes (hell they even look similar and their modus operandi might be as well), and yet it’s 3.7

man i honestly don’t know what landed it on a spot where uptiers are almost commonplace and where it faces more shershens and Frank Knoxes compared to its italian counterpart

yeah if you compared hard facts on the vlts to other twin bofors pt boats they should be around 3.0. and its rather objective statement given that the differences in these pt boats can be very clearly put through to gameplay. To a surprise to nooone french vehicles are overtiered but its a thing most players get used too. Jokes aside naval has a lot of very poorly placed brs and they never get changed so thats the state of the mode its not just france.

4 Likes

E50 could be 3.7-4.0 while le corse would be 4.3. I dont see why there shouldnt be both of them :)

mmmyes fair point; both would be effective in their own rights after all

a little proposal for the toptier bit of the tree from yours truly, quite dated but a good basis to start from

3 Likes

New leak list includes, among a few other ships, VTB 10 and VTB 12.

Another Landing Ship for Japan? Weird addition…

Manxman seems neat.

UBOATS be like x)

Arras at 3.0 looking decent. Getting that 16mm plating is pretty damn decent for survivability and guns with some good aim will bully. It says it has 100 rpg but it looks like theres 125 warheads but only 100 charges per gun i assume missing ones should be added as ready rack like other 136mm boats or added in hull.

4 Likes

More Darne boats? Why not folder 'em…?

Was dev updated or is this still hidden? In the 2nd case, could you send rest of the new ships?

And yeah on 3.0 it should be a funny thing to counter armored boats, gunboats and occasionally destroyers.

1 Like

yeah it got updated it has Mogador now too at 4.7 which is pretty decent too. Apart from that not a lot more obvious changes on dev without data mines.

3 Likes

Any knowledge on if it gets a small craft spawn?

I really hope that RP requirement stays at 36000 rp, As at least that is a reasonable RP requirement unlike with say the Project 2 guardship at what 120000 rp also at BR 3.0, Nek minnit it’s just the dev server RP requirements.

It seems so since it gets small boat test drive

1 Like

La suprise joins in today’s patch. Glad to see river class in the tree, altho no 40mm bofors on this one.

2 Likes

yeah with frigate spawn its pretty meh given the weapons and no 40mms.

1 Like

No 40s and frigate spawn at 3.3?

Ouch, SKR fodder…

1 Like

I would say skr would be the least of the problems since any destroyer around the br will have little problem with it.

Im counting that adding tech tree river can bring both of them to 3.0. I dont think they are any better than groza.

1 Like

Looks like I guessed it, the second time around. It was added at 3.0.

But that one magazine sticking above the waterline…💀