FOX-3: Active Radar Homing Missiles

oh absolutely.
my issue is just that the person you replied to says its possible to complete a full tech tree from zero (both air AND ground) to max in 3 months with nothing but premium account.
your response without clarification made it seem like you did China air in one week with only a premium account.

Nah, I did get China Air with premium only but I also play USSR low tier for fun as well. What I meant in my most recent post was I know how the grind can be for free to play players and I do occasionally play low to mid tier as well (but mostly in other tech trees outside of China).

It was my first attempt at a grind, and a learning experience.
I knew base bombing, and some simulator.
A6M5 Ko ended up being a GJN purchase due to one of the event items selling which I put off using until I was not having it with the Kikka grind, and I used the Ko to get one of the R2Y2s.
I then used the R2Y2s initially as a bomber, then as a fighter.
The fighter portion is where I was able to score my two longest range gun kills in War Thunder in the same match. Both 1.3km, one was a jet, likely an F-84, the other a Tu-4/B-29 from below.

If I did a grind run with the knowledge I have today I could get things done far faster purely doing ground targets and bases.
That’s how I ground out China’s jets… I used the Q-5A [and F-100A] to get every rank 7 and below jet cause I was insanely bored of the A-5C, and now the Q-5A has the most amount of ground targets destroyed on my stat card.

its literally impossible for you to have gotten China air with only premium account and no premium vehicles. you have Zero games in tier 2 - 3 and only 4 total games in tier 4.

When I referred to premium account I also included the J-7D as once you get it you obviously get premium time.

1 Like

I mean, you had to know it was coming…

1 Like

again, with ONLY premium account the numbers and timelines you put forth isn’t realistic. at all.
i switched my lineup to US 11.3 recently all at once because i usually grind out BR lineups before switching all slots to the higher BR. i have since played 120 matches and i am now halfway to unlocking the ADATS. 120 matches at 10-15 min each (say 10 to make it low and easy to math). 1200 minutes is 20 hours. for half a researched tank.
if i want to unlock the 4 top tier tanks of US then that is 100+ hours (took away A LOT of hours to compensate for spading RP gained) for just those 4 tanks WITH premium account. at 2 hours a day that 2 months. for those 4 tanks alone.

and i do not play bad at all.

Spoiler

average placement 71% in the last month with average score 1500+

but the J-7D is a premium vehicle effectively gaining you 200% extra RP compared to tech tree vehicles of the same rank.
so it isn’t the same as using premium account ONLY. disingenuous to refer to them as such.

I feel as if the F4F ICE might receive a later variant of the AMRAAM to cope with the lack of a modern airframe.
I’m calling the 120C-5 for the ICE.

I do something similar now.
I only rushed grinds to get to the level my friends were at.
Which is why I chose Japan, USA, Germany first, with USSR forth.
Most common tech tree options back in axis vs allies.
I slowed way down afterward, and I slowed down even more when Gaijin finally scrapped axis vs allies, and suddenly tanks and planes started getting balanced.

A friend of mine placed 30 minutes a day, got to top USSR in air & ground in over a year without premium then with premium for the last 2 ranks cause he played more than casually.

If WT isn’t an 8 hours a week game, yeah you’ll take a while to get to an end if you care about the modern stuff.
If you value your time more than the $40 a year of premium time, it’s an option.

Like when I was still playing WOT, I got to 5.7 USA, 6.7 Germany, and 3.7 USSR purely free to play all ground.
And I got all the US tech tree P47s free to play.
That’s the extent of my memory for my free to play era.
I also played this game very casually back then. Pretty sure my main games were Arma and Civilization.

I do, that’s why I do not want it in top tier

Was the AIM-120C-5 even mounted on the F-4F ICE? I was under the assumption only AIM-120B.

Well, it’s a bit unrealistic to expect that Germany’s frontline fighter for a good amount of time wouldn’t represent Germany in-game as a frontline fighter.

2 Likes

It is not. The TCTOs can and have been completed at separate times. Hell 63v1 and JHMCS is still a thing on some aircraft

It might be but there were alternatives to go along with instead of the ICE, or at least maybe an addition instead of only adding ICE, yes the missiles are good however the flight performance is not.

Not sure but they might have to add the C variant anyway, so it suffers less.

What else does Germany fly that could have come instead of the F-4F ICE? Answer me that.

1 Like

The best hope Germans have, is that a lot of the new stuff is going to be a few stops higher than the F4. Meaning you’ll get an even mix of ARH vs ARH and ARH vs SARH.

Sea harrier FA2 has the same hope riding for it.

Im guessing maybe Swiss F-18 sometime this year before Typhoon. But really really hoping the Typhoon does actually come this year. Maybe December (though if F-15C MSIP II is coming this update, then maybe earlier)

1 Like

Typhoon Tranche 1, with 120Bs and AIM-9L(I)-1

1 Like

Could even be the DAs. The pre-production typhoons

1 Like