Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

I will say this; for how many people are using banner and war cry of “realism” in favor of this test and nerf, you’d think the most realistic mode would have a shorter queue time. Why aren’t more y’all in ground sim battles? I mean, it’s the most realistic mode in the game.

You don’t get to use a third person camera to peak around obstacles and obstructions. There’s no friendly indicators so you actually have to learn proper target identification (which is actually a lot easier than in air sim battles). Your barrel obstructs some portion of your view because well…you are firing from the gunner’s sight after all.

Or can we all agree that it’s okay to set aside certain aspects of realism as they can, to various different degrees depending on the individual person, hamper the overall objective of video game being fun? And no one is saying or forcing you to use APHE rounds. If you don’t like the idea of a quick TTK, then just stick to solid shot AP. Or just use HE ammo. Use that “just flank them bro” mindset that is being directed at those who don’t want this change.

I would suggest, if there is such a concern that this game is becoming too much like WoT, then hell; let’s get rid of Arcade and Realistic Battles and just have Ground and Air Sim only. I’d be up for that as I enjoy Sim Battles even though I’m terrible at them.

This topic has no longer been a sensible discussion for a long time. When specific individuals write dozens or even hundreds of posts, they are no longer sharing their opinion.

Unfortunately, I often see situations like this on the forum and they usually involve the same people.

It’s even funnier to see that some players are so desperate that they literally call on Gaijin to ignore the entire vote or ignore part of the votes and artificially make the voting results different than what we see now. This is just sick and disrespectful.

4 Likes

Its honestly amusing how much this has gotten a section of the community seething. The thing is they are blaming a select few contributors, without realizing the general population of the game likes APHE the way it is, be it through lack of aiming, to people like me who know it will bork the game through the entire range APHE is in because the game has been balanced around the effects of say the m61 shell for the Shermans frontally penning soviets, if i can cheek a t34 and one tap it or a kv, its going to be a huge change if i now have to shoot multiple times to achieve the same kill. Because of this its little surprise that once people started to become aware of it the majority who are not forum warriors would down vote it, as in their eyes its a negative change to both the games health as a whole and how they like to play the game. TBH if they had made this change 5 years ago i would likely have supported it, but the game has been balanced too long with how APHE preforms now, so your going to have a really jank several months at a minimum where some stuff is grossly overpowered at its br, and it will take a while to balance as people will start revisiting stuff not frequently played,

1 Like

Here is how it looks:

If you shoot something like a Stug on the side with your Sherman 76mm, the shell should likely not slow down enough to explode inside before going through the other side of the tank.
(the effective thickness of two spaced 30mm plates is equal to a single 49mm plate)

But in the game rn, it always explodes after traveling exactly the same distance.

Fuze sensitivity exists… fuze lenght exists…

Because it sucks. I would love to play more ground sim but man lend lease tanks are so annoying especially the ones that cover up anything that can identify them as an enemy. Also in higher tiers, helis can spawn with full loadouts at the start of the match, its just unfun and unbalanced.

I really wanted to like ground sim because the maps are larger, gameplay is more methodical, and its more realistic but man the balance is atrocious.

5 Likes

Ground sim is pathetic and barely different than ground rb. The 3 differences you listed are the only differences between these game modes.

Ah yes, just put yourself at a disadvantage relative to others, because everyone else uses APHE. Also most tanks don’t even have a solid shot when they have APHE.

Because the result is close enough and there is a chance that after testing some people will change their minds. There are concerns people voting where uninformed, misinformed or voting in bad faith. It’s not a vote about implementing it, it’s a vote about testing it.

And before you say you voted no, because you don’t want them to spend any time on it, some people voted no for different reasons. I have even seen people on this thread who want to change their vote. I don’t remember to which option, I think from no to yes, but it shows that people can change their minds.

This is not a good reason to vote no. Literally every time the meta changes it takes people and the BR system a while to adjust. With such logic there would be no changes at all. Gaijin wouldn’t add Fox 3s and nerf multipathing, because “it would take time to balance”.

Also use paragraphs, don’t write walls of text.

2 Likes

Man APHE is gonna be so strong if poeple vote no lmao. Even if APHE doesn’t kill everyone in your tank, the slug has a good chance of disabling your engine. Even shooting a tank from the back the engine block might not be enough to stop it because the slug might have enough penetration to go through and create secondary spalling inside the tank. Fuel tanks will also no longer fully absorb APHE because again, the slug.

4 Likes

Because that Statement is completely wrong. Air sim battles are the most realistic mode of the game by a country mile.

2 Likes

In Addition to that the velocity of the shell is magically 0 when it detonates so it isn’t addded to the velocity of the shrapnel or the explosion… Which in real life it would. So even if the fuze ignites thinner armor should lead to the damaged area being smaller since there is much more force in the direction the shell travelled transferred to the detonation

2 Likes

It’s going to be interesting and will make more sense. The problem is that it will become the ultimate shell, combining solid shot and nuke effect of the APHE.

The fragment zones they want to implement aren’t perfect either, because they don’t account for inertia of the shell, but it’s better than what we have now. It will decrease lethality of APHE, which is more realistic. Maybe we could suggest adding the effects of inertia to Gaijin during testing, that’s why tests are important.

3 Likes

Yeah nobody is really talking about this which is crazy. APHE is already really strong (borderline OP compared to other shells some consider), giving it more buffs without nerfing its spherical spalling will make it a GOD round.

I really hope people vote yes for the test and not vote based on their initial emotions about the change.

4 Likes

Based on your understanding, does it make the T-10M/IS-7/Object 279 stronger or weaker?

1 Like

If APHE doesn’t get nerfed then obviously any vehicle with APHE would be getting a pretty good buff with the slug changes. Front engine vehicles won’t be having a good time against APHE lol.

1 Like

Doesn’t that buff 3.3-5.7 Shermans? I see a lot of people complaining about only having solid shot on these.

Hope so, currently the br-482b ain’t getting through the engine blocks of TAMs and DF-105, maybe post-buff it will have no issues getting past the engine blocks of strv103? Such a hnnnnhhhgggghhhhh situation for the APHE slingers bro

These vehicles will be significantly stronger when APHE will be nerfed, because overpressure will be here no matter what.

Actually the only tank that concerns me, if the APHE would end up getting nerfed, is the Tiger 1. It has too good reload for overpressure. It would probably be artificially moved up in BR because of that, perhaps maybe even to 6.7. Having Tiger 1 and Tiger 2 at the same BR would be stupid.

Once again, things like these would come out during testing and we could react on it.

Maybe the overpressure should be changed from yes/no to more TNT equivalent means more damage dealt to crew, with a threshold where it starts taking effect and obviously a naturally created threshold where it kills the crew in one shot.

Perhaps overpressure from APHE could be weak and insignificant, making it only useful on HE shells like it was supposed to.

1 Like
1 Like

Love how vehemently against some people are. There is currently only one shell in the game which bejaves completely unrealistically and its aphe. No its not the only good shell. Its a OP shell.

7 Likes