Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

‘‘aphe works well’’ lmao! They are simply broken! You can even aiming in the tank armor corner and oneshot the entire crew whit few ammount of explosive. ‘‘don’t even want it to be tested’’ this phrase is stupid as fuck because you even want to see how it really will work in the game.

3 Likes

To be honest, I think this matter is very well explained in the article:

We’re planning to give players the opportunity to test these changes in a special game event, as well as the “Protection Analysis” menu, before applying these changes to all APHE shells in the game. However, preparing this testing will require some significant time from the development team, so today we want to collect your opinions on whether you’re interested in switching to a more detailed damage model for APHE shells. So, shall we test it?

If players don’t like the proposed changes anyway, what’s the point of the test? And what’s the point of wasting development time on this? Development time not only cost money, but it could also be used to do something good instead, for example improve the UI elements of the game. These elements wasn’t changed for years, and they really feel very old nowadays.

I personally think that if someone doesn’t like the proposition at all, then they should vote against right now. Because these probably weeks, maybe months of development time could be used for something much better and more desirable.

Assuming the current proposition will fail, how about you give players a few propositions how to use this saved development time in another vote? Maybe propose things like improving the UI, fixing some old bugs that are not touched for years etc. It would be interesting to see what players would prefer to use that development time for.

3 Likes

There will be a period of balance issues. But i would rather that than have aphe be some magic round that one shots everything.

The aphe buffs are going to happen regardless of the vote too.

So we either have aphe become greatly more powerful or have it become slightly more powerful

1 Like

Yep. This should never have been put to a vote in the first place.

But if you do put it to a vote, you don’t say “we ARE going to buff APHE no matter what you say and then let you decide if we counter-nerf APHE to balance it back.”

The way this likely ends now is with the only change being APHE having much GREATER power than before. GJ everyone.

3 Likes

If you want low/mid BR to be even worse of a mess than it ever was for months and possibly years if gajin does something wrong, just to remove 1 fairly balanced feature, then go ahead and vote for yes.

Anyone who gives even a slightest crap about balance at lower ranks of the game though shouldn’t do so. Ww2 and early cold war ground is what i mainly play and i don’t mind current APHE at all. What i would mind though is the game being borderline unplayable with like half of the vehicles for certain amount of time.

Just buff other types of shells, it’s as simple as that. Even if they get overbuffed or something they don’t affect even close the number of vehicles APHE does and armor layouts aren’t entirely based around them, so it will not create such balance issues.

Current APHE works fine and if you ever get one shoted, that’s on you. If you make a mistake, you get punished for it. That’s how this game works

“Buff other shells” is right except most shells are already near realistic meaning there are no possible buffs. So under Gaijin’s bug report rules, we need 3 sources 1 primary and 2 secondary to be passed to devs.

No matter how it is APHE still needs nerfs even if the few shells that do need fixing/buffs get them it would still be more than 100x more powerful than any other shell which is too big of a margin.

3 Likes

This is fair.

Honestly they should scrap both changes. APHE doesn’t need any nerfs, but what it doesn’t need even more is buffs

If their damage for those round are not realistic, they should be fixed. I dont want unrealistic damage for rounds.

5 Likes

What are you talking about?! half of the shell in in mid-low tiers are solid shots. You already claiming problems and troubles without a test of this system. Looking at your favourite tanks im not surprise you said the APHE works well lmao. If you didnt know, exist other tanks that arent broken.

3 Likes

Except you completely miss the point that they don’t need to be realistic at all.

Not everything that is realistic is good for the game.

And honestly i am fine with APHE being the best type of shell in the game, as other types of shells on tanks that don’t use APHE usually exceed in other stats, not tied to the type of shell itself, but rather particular gun and projectile like ballistics and penetration.

APHE is what the whole low/mid tier is balanced around, if you want to adjust anything, do that with spalling of other types of ammo and BRs of tanks not using APHE.

Such change not only doesn’t require you to completely rework whole BR system from scratch, but doesn’t even pose a larger threat to balance and accomplishes everything it is suposed to accomplish

The “100% realism” argument is, in my honest opinion, dumb.

With 100% realism, a Sherman being penetrated by German cannons would on average lose 1 crew member.

One of the M26’s sent to europe got directly hit and penetrated by an 88 mm round (Edit: I checked, it was a LONG 88, and it passed BETWEEN THE DRIVER’S LEGS) and didn’t lose a single crew, and the ammunition took so long to cook off that all the crew had already bailed out.

100% realism is bad.

1 Like

Yeah, except majority of those “50%” are either stock rounds or alternative Solid shot/APCR you can research on the tank that aren’t primary ammo.

Primary ammo type outside of Great Brittain and few very specific guns in other nations is always APHE up until like Rank IV where first HEAT slingers show up which aren’t even a problem.

That’s why any changes made to other types of ammo will not have even close to as severe consequences as changing anything to APHE. This is a fact.

No one is talking about ‘‘100% realism’’ but a more realistic APHE, In the game is just a nuke-shell.

3 Likes

He said he didn’t want rounds dealing unrealistic damage.

A lot of rounds right now already deal unrealistic damage. That is what my reply entails.

Edit: sorry, confused you for him. Similar color profile images and “H” and “M” are similar at a glance with light colored backgrounds.

Realism is when hesh with 20+ kg tnt does nothing.

1 Like

And just for your knowledge my most played tanks are SL grinders for boxes, since i am a collector and they have nothing to do with my experience in using various types of shells.

I do have Great Brittain grinded out till the end of Rank V which is the point after which i don’t play any tanks anyway and i do use many tanks not featuring your “nuke shell” and do well in them.

I know what i am talking about and i still want this idea to be scrapped.

Balance mess it would create is not worth it for “muh realism” when you have much easier solutions on hand

And? We are talking about APHE, not HESH! I know the 4005 and the the AVRE many times trick you but this is another story

2 Likes

People who keep asking for a solid AP and APCR instead of an APHE change while this is the same player base who voted no on a stun mechanic for crew which would have been a solid AP/APCR/APDS buff.

3 Likes

Sounds like that 88 didnt fuse.

I want realistic vehicle models and round damage. Aphe doesnt fully become 1cm pieces when fused.

I would rather aphe get more realistic damage than standard ap suddebly getting quasi-he damage.

2 Likes

Stun mechanic would indeed buff solid shot, but it would just be incredibly annoying and would impact overall game experience which no one wants.

There are other ways to buff solid shot, without making your camera randomly shake after getting shot by anything.

Imagine how much more annoying large caliber SPAAs would become