Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

They haven’t done anything right for 9 years. Each new update is to see new vehicles and new bugs that add to those of previous updates.

Economy fixes? Foldering reducing grinds by millions of RP? Stock flares, being able to partially repair without parts, researching helis in GRB?

3 Likes

the fact that there is literally more evidence avaliable against the idea that gaijin even gives a damn, and the fact that it goes against your wishful thinking is honestly so unironic coming from someone who’s coming with that kinda tone coming from the “Yes” train lol

buddy maybe you should look for another game rather than wishing the devs will just overhaul the ENTIRE game lmao, idk join the military

serious question if you belive that, why are you still playing this game?

1 Like

When do we have a vote to fix Soviet APHEBC almost having almost APFSDS levels of angle pen performance up to 60 degrees instead then, I’m sure everyone will be behind fixing that issue that’s like 50% of the reason why tanks like the IS-2 are overtiered but people don’t want to fix APHE as a whole.

5 Likes

idk this community sometimes, yall want realism and quickly regret it all together the next day, it’s APHEBC btw (it’s a ballistic cap it’s meant to do well on angled penetration), and the armour on the is2 isn’t that great, you are NOT gonna nerf the is2’s APHE with this vote cuz it has like 250g lmao

it’s comments like these that honestly invoke a sense that you’re just mad at a particular tank rather than a wider issue

All 3 countries I’ve mained in the past have used APHE excessively, and I’m still for a change so it’s less braindead to use.
If Gaijin flubs it, well, it’s just a test, and the community have already shown they’d vote no if it was actually bad (by voting no to even the concept of a test- stubbornly stuck in believing change is bad because it would throw them off their MeTa gAmEpLaY)

3 Likes

Just because it has a ballistic cap doesn’t mean it gets to defy physics, Soviet APHEBC pens Line of sight which isn’t possible for AP shell types to do until you reach long rod APFSDS, even other shell types with ballistic caps don’t do that in game, including APCBC, the cap in WWII Soviet APHECBC shouldn’t get to defy physics. You’d also vote no if these changes were put up to a vote.

if only the changes in the past like atgm nerfs and nerfs to HEATFS, massive nerfs to radar, that didn’t have votes actually triggered any br changes or changes to the tanks themselves but nah, test? what tests, gaijin has been opting for live server “testing” these days

the issue with aphe being “OP” is merely complaining that it’s not like your AP rounds, but honestly those in themselves are very flawed as the spall is realistically supposed to be alot more, as you expect from high velocity rounds, or maybe you’re playing the tank wrong idk

anyways, it’s not just for meta gameplay, it’s also just the basic game mechanics in themselves, alot of people stick around the mid tiers for the satisfying weakspot shots, and i think as much as you like your nation’s perks, other’s also have a right to like their own, so maybe try understanding instead :)

Please re-read my comment.

Never did I wish for such an overhaul. I was adding to @KillaKiwi’s comment and saying how the transmission absorbing damage, by itself, is not unrealistic, despite the fact that tanks in real life get knocked out by it.

You jump to massive conclusions in order to just insult and hate other people.

7 Likes

that’s no longer an APHE issue, nor is it an IS2 issue, that is just the game being the product of the dev’s, not the meta of the game, which means if you want realism, you should first address those issues, affecting everyone and benefitting everyone with more realistic penetration and reliable damage models

not just target APHE which honestly is the only good thing for most nations rn, not just britain

thats great, but honestly you’re much more vindicating

I’m for a solid AP buff and well as APHE changes, make fragments produced by all shell types ricochet, that’s a buff for both. Maybe Gaijin should have announced a solid AP buff at the same time as the APHE changes and included shrapnel ricocheting which makes the changes to APHE seem less of a blow to APHE.

3 Likes

The ballistic cap is not the reason. Under the ballistic cap, the penetrator has a blunt nose.

Also, Russian APHEBC only perform “better” that LoS when facing armor that they overmatch (that is, projectile caliber is higher than nominal armor thickness).

1 Like

Economy fixes-It is a double-edged sword, it is clear that costs needed to be lowered, but by lowering them so much it has made people almost commit suicide in general terms.
Foldering reducing grinds by millions of RP-RP costs have never been a problem for me, I don’t see the essence in this game of running as fast as possible to get a Br 11.3.
Stock flares-In this case you could say that it is a good thing.
Being able to partially repair without parts-The only interesting thing is that a colleague can repair you, just as it is important that they now give you a fire extinguisher.
Researching helis in GRB-Not bad, but this comes from the fact that helicopters don’t get many RP in games, and that helicopter-only games are really boring, this is essentially a change to make gaijin’s life easier, so You don’t need to work modifying the games and changing the helicopter RP economies.
It is clear that it is a bit of an exaggeration of mine when I say that in 9 years gaijin has not done anything good, since there are certain things that have improved the game a little. But at the same time we can list many errors that are infinitely more serious than the improvements. what they did for the game, the CAS imbalance, the bullet imbalance, the damage record, the penetration calculator, server synchronization errors, invisible tanks, error in volumetric bullets, lack of a functional sight for the SPAA, failure with vehicle gears, airplanes in which the automatic radiator does not work correctly, increasingly CQC maps, tanks with wrong Br, meaningless bounces, etc.

Economy fixes are questionable. Even with the folders, the progression rate for ground vehicles is horrible. I can’t imagine playing this game without premium time because even with it, it’s still awful. So I’m not giving that to them. Especially after the CCO called its players idiots for not understanding F2P games after the backlash.

I’d like to know just how many submitted this APHE overhaul back when we were asked to submit our desires for the next (the now current) roadmap. No way it was a majority opinion.

If it fixes the impenetrable Tank Glass and optics that would be a great start. A solution without a problem is always such, but I’m happy to try this out if in the long term improves the game.

Idk, but you are whining about people that hope and see fun in a gave with defects.

I leave it there just to let you know you are kinda foolish

1 Like

Nothing better than seeing someone who doesn’t even play the game anymore to come and drop some hottakes