Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

*48.61% not 50%

3 Likes

My god! Gaijin why? I wanted testing but not like that! Majority spoke against testing? So no testing!
P.S. I will test anyway and I hope that everyone will test and give an opinion on this!

1 Like

@Stona_WT Do you know anything about the APHE rework test? Will it come or not?

A few hours ago a Guy came here to say that he went on the dev server and didnt find any aphe test

3 Likes

There’s also nothing about that in the dev server patch notes.

I downloaded the full client (53.8GB) and as expected it changed nothing. It would be very weird if it did change it.

In test drive there’s also no difference, just like in the hangar.

Currently you can’t play ground AB and RB, and SB is so empty, that I’m not even going to try it (I was the only person in the queue).

I couldn’t find any event tab with the APHE test as well.

1 Like

So who’s spreading fake news?

The most probable is that (in the case where they acted as yes won), it is not on dev server because gaijin said it would take a lot of time to prepare just the test, i dont think lot meant 2 weeks. The client from panther is the same as what the message said (2.38.0.15)

2 Likes

They’ve already worked on it and created it, too late for that mate. Keep whining.

1 Like

Just read the article before shitting on ppl. Imma help you it’s on last paragraph. You surely didnt need to take me like a dumb, even less when your discuting a fact, that is writen on the article of the poll. As someone said, keep whining
These guys are exactly who i meant. Considering ppl like that coz they havent voted like them, these are at the same lvl as the cc

Look at screen above, I just send screen from gabi, it is on dev but hidden?

1 Like

I would rather trust the persons that went here and checked if it was right than a single message without context. Also how does he know for the test ? And who’s Gabi ?

Gabi is a dataminer, one of the most legit in wt community.

2 Likes

He is the guy that updates the War Thunder’s data mine on github.

I just said that there is nothing happening on the dev server, but it doesn’t mean they didn’t add something in the files, that simply isn’t being used right now.

2 Likes

How I said, just send dataminer info.

2 Likes

Oki thx, could have this a link with just the test shells put in the article more than the full rework ?

1 Like

Hoping to see a new Roadmap soon.

Really hoping to see some rework regarding PVE modes or RB EC.

Also War Thunder desperately needs an AI rework. The AI in this game feels 30 years old.

1 Like

As I said in my last post, I think that instead of fixing the APHE, I think that the issue of the damage model should be addressed in a general way, fixing the other bullets to give them consistent damage and penetration and in turn fixing the APHE to thus end the issue of bullet damage. Afterwards I would focus on fixing the volumetric bullets and armor, in order to get the bullets to act as they should on the armor, and thus eliminate absurd ricochets or a 400mm penetration bullet being stopped by 15mm armor because it hits exactly at the point where it meets another 10mm plate. Afterwards and during these improvements, the tanks that are affected by the changes should be balanced, perhaps the improvement of the bullets will finally get the WW2 tanks to separate themselves from tanks from the 50s. Afterwards I would focus on the issue of the maps, since They are getting smaller and with more obstacles, when what they should be is more open, with less obstacles and unevenness, but with obstacles and unevenness better positioned on the map to be able to move to different positions and manage to flank enemy firing positions. And finally, balance the planes and helicopters a bit so that they could not be taken out so early in the game, and also improve the aim of the SPAA so that they would be useful in combat against planes. With all this I think that the GRB would be something much more fun, balanced and less desperate.
Regarding the ARB I can’t say much, since I haven’t played for some time. The only thing I can think of is to modify the automatic radiators, since there are planes (like the P51D) that after a while of flying the engine overheats forcing you to gradually lower the power, while you see that the radiator does not open as it should to correct this overheating.

Tiger_940px

Hey everyone! A significant number of voters expressed interest in testing the fragmentation damage that we discussed in our recent post here — thanks everyone for voting!

Today, we’re inviting you to test these changes on the Dance of Dragons dev server. You can access this test through the in-game Events & Tournaments section under “Testing of APHE Shell damage changes”. Note: For now, this is only on the dev server.

Event Features

1. Added fragmentation areas. After this test event and subsequent testing on the main server, we’ll hold another vote on introducing the proposed fragmentation area parameters for APHE shells to the main game server.
  2. After the shell explodes, its warhead remains intact provided that the mass of the explosive is less than 1.34% of the mass of the shell. The residual armor penetration of the warhead after the explosion depends on the ratio of the mass of the shell to the mass of the explosive.
  3. Changed secondary fragments of APHE shells. They now are strengthened to the level of fragments from AP shells.

The “Testing shells new parameters” option has been added to the Protection Analysis. This allows you to visually compare changes in the damage of APHE shells.

Important information

We’d like to note that we’ll do additional testing on the main game server after the release of the Dance of Dragons major update.

It’s also important to note that the planned changes to secondary fragments (point 3 mentioned above) and the preservation of the warhead of APHE shells (point 2 mentioned above) will be introduced after the release of the Dance of Dragons major update with no vote for them. The parameters of segmented fragmentation areas (point 1 mentioned above) may be introduced based on the results of a new vote that we’ll be telling you about in the future.

Be sure to join in on the testing and share your feedback in this thread.

6 Likes