Following the Roadmap: Vehicle Research Bonuses

One thing to note is that this bonus is calculated of off “base RP from a battle” and is NOT multiplied by vehicle RP modifiers (which go as high as 2,5 at top tier). As such calling this a “100%” RP boost is completely misleading, since it is closer to a 40% boost in real terms (as calculated like for premium account or a standard RP booster).

9 Likes

These are good changes.

This one is not good. This bonus would be useful to keep the tech trees completed. I don’t think it’s needed to exclude new vehicles from this bonus, especially the bonus is really not that huge.

I personally don’t think this bonus will change that much, but it’s always a small help.

I hope there is a chance that more mechanics will be added in the future to help with the grind. Especially to grind vehicle modifications, because it’s a real pain to spade so many vehicles at higher ranks. Also because we have so many of the exact same vehicles in different tech trees.

-This is WAY better than what was previously proposed!
The fact that the bonus is still kept even if the top in a new nation is unlocked is great news!

-The bonus not applying to newly added vehicles is sad but also kind of understandable, but I do not like how long that is going to be the case as the time a vehicle is considered “new” recently got increased to 28 days…

-My absolute BIGGEST issue with this bonus is that it is essentially just a temporary bandaid to a much bigger problem.

Example:
Let’s say a player gains on average 25% more total RP per day at top rank planes. That cuts the top rank research time by 1/4, Great! BUT(!) that means that for a nation with 4 top rank jets it only takes one additional new top rank plane to be added for the total research time to be back to where it was before the bonus. This then negates the entire bonus. (A nation with 8 planes at top rank needs 2 new additions for this to apply).

Judging by the rate of new vehicle additions to the game, the total research time for each tree is going to be back at the levels they were at yesterday in just 1-1.5 years and then you are going to have this exact same issue again.

THIS is why so many are calling for a cumulative bonus in some way as it really won’t speed up future trees but rather allow us to catch up to the continuously growing total RP, caused by continuous additions of new vehicles.

10 Likes

Me after reading the Roadmap: a white cat is looking at a man playing a drum on a bench

3 Likes

I second this, i mean I’d always love more RP but this is a much better iteration of the original pitch.

2 Likes

It’s 28 days after the release date.

1 Like

Thx! Edited :)

Ok

I wouldnt go that far, for example, i already have all US and GER ground vehicles, i dont have any more tank to research on theses tech trees, they could add +5% bonus for each (in my case +10%) for example.

and if a new tank is add on the tech tree (like the new puma that i didt research it yet) i would lost the bonus +5% until i research all again.

1 Like

But what if instead only of limited bonus, people could use the base research multiplier of the top tier vehicle in a specific vehicle they choose to research + the daily bonus if available?

somewhat better than what I expected from Gaijin

still not good and certainly not good enough to make noticeable difference in a game where total RP grind is somewhere around 250 million RP

Yes, its still useless.

1 Like

Calculated on base rp = pittance.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Thats a lot buddy XD

1 Like

march 2019: total techtree RP grind 82M RP
march 2023: total techtree RP grind 183M RP
today: metric poopton more …

calling the bonus bandaid is far too optimistic

3 Likes

It’s Rank III vehicle, so he gets 25%

Nah, optimistic would have been calling it a bandage or a first aid kit. A bandaid is basically the smallest form of patching a wound there is.

1 Like

Calculated on Base RP means

=
Playing with Prem Account gives you a bonus% dividet by 2 (so the total bonus is from 100% down to 50%)
Playing with Prem Account and Prem Vehicle the bonus gets divited by 4 (so the total bonus is from 100% down to 25%)

So for me, someone playing only with Prem Acc and always with Talis the i get as net bonus:

Rank 1-4: __ +6,25%
Rank 5: ____ +12.5%
Rank 6: ____ +18,75%
Rank 7-8: __ +25%

and in rare case i dont play a tali vehicle i get:

Rank 1-4: __ +12,5%
Rank 5: ____ +25%
Rank 6: ____ +37,5%
Rank 7-8: __ +50%

nice to see that you slap the people in the face, who buyed benefits to grind faster (and dont want to grind for years) in the face by cutting the netto reward down for them… or in other words progress for people who have already a prem accounts will be less accelerated by the bonus then people who pay nothing

3 Likes

Thx Stona.