Following the Roadmap: refining landscape

Yeah, nobody wants Vietnam map. Just delete it from existence. Too bad if you actually have plans on it

are you a programmer? do you have the necesary knowledge to change this with a new system in place? if no dont say things you cant prove

which update you have on mind?

Suggestions to improve the game from the perspective of a tank player with all vehicles :

1. Removal of the option to shoot with the help of the tank commander. Arguments: not all tanks have this option and it is forbidden for a tank commander to fire if the tank has gunner alive.The tank crew rules are written and are pretty much the same for all nations. The commander has the role of researching, observing, identifying, marking, estimating the distance and ordering the driver, gunner and loader,. He chose and order the ammunition vs target for the gunner/loader where the crew consists of 4 members…When the gunner is taken out of battle, he can even take over the role , even the role of the driver.
  2. In this game, when the loader is killed, the ammunition in the cannon is reloaded (why?) When the loader dies, it does not remove it from the barrel. Fix this please.
  3. Regarding this, you can give the possibility of replacing the ammunition without it being actually fired. This happens in real life. The stock is opened and the ammunition is taken out.
    4.Fixing the following situation: When an airplane or helicopter is hit by an AA missile, or HE VT ammo, etc., it is destroyed but it can still launch ATGM or bullets towards the ground. There are many videos in this case and is impossible in reality to be able for this action after airplen, heli got hit by AA/HE VT etc.
    5.ATGM rocket launchers, some cannot shoot from the movement, totally wrong. Some can shoot provided that the turret or the direction of the jet from the rocket is directed in a different direction than the tank shell to prevent the possibility of ignition of the tank. IT 1 shot from the movement… the rest not so much.
  4. The reloading time with ammunition, both bullets and rockets, should be the same for all vehicles located at the capture point (Realistic mode) as well as those on the AB that regenerate the ammunition, ADATS, Cheetah, etc. Some of them have long period of time for that…
  5. After the ammunition in rack 1 catches fire or runs out for some MBTs, a long transfer process from rack 2 in 1 begins… If the loader is alive, this should not take more than 5 seconds per shell. some MBTs actually seem like the crew forgets that they have to reload rack 1. Sometimes you have to stop playing game and wait for 2 minutes for this process begin.
    Please fix these.
    Thank you and I hope you understand my English.
1 Like

Thanks for the response. I am referring to the BR update, as yesterday I noticed that the BR changes weren’t implemented.

Oops, my bad. A quick look to any of the other lists would have given that away. ^^

Is there a reason why each map can only have 1 or 2 spawn points? The problem is 1 or 2 spawn points means the enemy knows where you will spawn and be in specific locations to kill them exiting the location.

Why not have spawn points in many rear locations. Players can choose as they do now based on the knowledge of where the enemy is and the enemy wont know where to expect you and will be surprised.

This reduces spawns being abused and gives variety to the game play spawning in different locations.

1 Like

I think you need to stop guessing at what the problems are and just talk to your community about what the problems are, Italy, Poland and Kursk were failed attempts that clearly showcased you have no idea what the problems with these maps were, you just changed things for the sake of changing things, like the audio, and didn’t take the time to ask what the problems were.

Yes, spawncamping is an issue and continues to be an issue, but it’s not the only thing wrong by any means.

1 Like

They would need to massively redo all naval maps so I doupt that unless they decide to rework the NF from the ground. We can only hope that “Revision of naval progression” means something will be done.

1 Like
  1. Not everybody has access to thermals, so remove those. Not everybody has AA missiles in planes, so remove that. Not everybody has two barrels, so remove that. etc, etc.
  2. That is very rare and also not in every tank. Just because it can IN THEORY, doesn’t mean it’s fine.

Can’t wait for the helicopter research option.

1- No.
3- This feature would be slower than firing. Tank crews IRL would just fire the gun to cycle the ammunition type cause it’s faster & safer.
5- No. 15 seconds would be a better balance than currently tho.

I mean, even just adjusting the BR ranges of some naval maps(i.e. no more African Gulf/Coral Islands/Franz Josef Land in late cruisers and capital ships), and removing/reworking asymmetric trash like Andaman Sea and [Encounter] Norway would be a huge QoL improvement.

Very nice and long awaited changes, especially on some of these maps it was gamebreaking when a player knew how to reach and use the said spawncamping spots

It is really baffling how many time yesterday I got the African gulf and the Norway in late cruisers. And I have both of these disliked (now the African gulf is baned).

Honestly from my yesteraday play session I can´t find single good map, at best they are passable. I mean I can´t say that Fuego, New Zealand, South Kvarken and Black sea are trash but I also can´t say they are good because they all turn into island hugging in the higher tiers.

1 Like

Same. (edit) I have African Gulf banned as well. IMO New Zealand is the most “passable” map for naval right now. Map is large, spawns are placed reasonably well, and the islands are just the right size and location to provide cover whilst at the same time not being a nuisance to sailing around and shooting. Palau and Kvarken would be decent as well if the islands weren’t so effing huge.

Disliking a map doesn’t affect your chances of getting it. Only banning does.

Wrong. From the OG devblog on map filter ([Development] Map rotation filter - News - War Thunder):

The “Dislike” feature will be available to all players - if a few players from the matching queue have the same mission or location marked as unwanted, the location will be skipped, and the new location will be selected.

It just isn’t very apparent cause everyone has different maps disliked, and a lot of people simply don’t use the dislike feature.

1 Like

oh not this again …

most of the map changes are just cutting away parts of map, or gating away very few spots … but problem is that this in turn makes many other broken spots on that map significantly worse.

Take El Alamein map as example … you gated off the area on top of the cliffs on the northern part of the map (because it was easy, just shifting map border a little and blocking two ramps), but all the broken spots on the hills in the middle of map are still there & anyone who gets there can now camp there in complete safety, without having to worry about getting shot from the cliffs.

Most of the map “changes” are like this … make the easiest and laziest change possible so you can tick off a checkbox … and ignore the fact that you’ve just made 10 other spots on the map significantly more broken and easier (and safer) to exploit.

And of course on top of that we have the terrain friction changes … this was horrible idea the first time Gaijin did this few years ago, again easy & lazy change done instead of fixing maps, over the years it was mostly reverted but now because the checkbox from roadmap desperately needs to be ticked off and no one wants to do some real work we’re getting this nonsense back because it makes some spots somewhat less accessible to some vehicles.

And yet again, just like with the map changes, because these changes are very selective and tracked vehicles are mostly unaffected this makes some vehicles worse while other have huge advantage. Tracked light vehicles will have a good laugh because they’re still able to exploit broken locations, while wheeled vehicles will have problem fighting at many locations (or even just traversing them) because nonsensical friction changes. And this directly translates into huge problems for nations / tech trees that have to rely on wheeled vehicles … especially when MM cleverly groups several such nations into the same team.

“We’re perfectly fine with extremely broken spots on maps, but we’re now really really picky about who gets the advantage of being able to easily exploit them” … sorry, that really doesn’t look like improvement.

1 Like

Nope, we confirmation from Stona that the dislike feature doesn’t affect map selection and is only there to send information back to the devs.