Following the Roadmap: grouping vehicles, rank changes, and improvements to premium vehicles

Another issue i have just realized is the wall of premiums i have, it makes this new tree change look emaciated. take rank 3 britian for example

or its terminal in rank 3 germany

5 Likes

Yeah and you now cant see half the vehicles to inow what you have and what to use in a lineup without opening each folder to see whats in it.

1 Like

This needs to be rolled back by gaijin and looked at again, as in its current state its not fit for purpose, or makes no sense. I can see what they are trying to do, but in how they are doing it they are making all trees worse with one or two exceptions which were what people were asking for at the time. those being the following:

• Challenger tanks being a wall of the same
  • magachs being a wall as well
4 Likes

Psst @Stona_WT is there a reason why the vehicles from devblogs aren’t placed on the trees from the post?

Cent mk.3 Rank IV 7.7.

A small shame it has not risen with the Caernarvon since it is no longer back at 6.7 (or was it ever 6.3?) with no stabiliser (when first implemented). Keeps the tree looking tidy but that is quite a high BR to be still sitting at Rank IV (I do understand the way quantity of vehicles overall through the tiers is to balance nations in terms of ability to grind).

1 Like

This must be a mistake! LCT has a ZTZ99-like hull and a ZTZ99A-like turret, it is nothing like CM11 and other tank in the 1st line.

2 Likes

There are alot of odd choices

3 Likes

I really dont know what happened to F6Fs . They follow neither close br rule or development one.
1st F6F-5 with 50 cals is grouped with 2.3 F4F and moved to rank2? ok
and the slightly worse performance F6F-5N with 20mm guns at 4.7 is grouped with best corsair in the tech tree which is 5.7 at rank 4?? seems pretty sussy.
Planes with identical engines and one being a night version being so far apart? I think Tempest with 40mm cannons is justified being so low since it has vastly diffirent role but Hellcat change is comical.
Ki-61 hei going up a rank and leaving the folder with Tei? this folder was fine and already was doing what folders should do. Again the only main diffirence is Hei getting german 20mms instead of japanese ones.

6 Likes

Some of those group ups are weird.
The changes are welcome, but more thought needs to be put into the group ups.

For instance: Su-7B and BKL are not grouped, I-185s are not grouped Su-17M2 and Su-17M4 are also not grouped. Those are planes with the same frame, just different variants (different engine, more pylons, different radar, etc).
Then we move onto the weirdly grouped MiG-19 and MiG-21 F-13. Those are not even the same frames, let alone variants of it. Same with the La-15 and La-200. Those should be separated.

Same is with the ground forces.
A LOT of tanks are grouped together, despite the totally obvious lack of similarities - ZiS-30 and the SU-57B? They are not same vehicle at all, let alone chassis, engine or gun (different gun variants).

Main factor in grouping tanks should first be the chassis, followed by gun/FCS, optics, engine.

2 Likes

I do not like the change in premium vehicles ranks. I wanted to buy some at the next sale but if they go up in price I don’t think I will. I have supported WT over the years with the purchase of premium vehicles (and account) but never at a full price. Simply not worth paying for a single vehicle the cost of a AAA game!!!
Can we at least know which vehicles will have this change?

I have a great concern with tier IV france being left with only 4 vehicles. It feels empty.
Do you guys plan to add fillers like the M26, M46, M47 and others to fill these gaps?

2 Likes

Great work, seems like a large reduction in grind for players, and serves well as the first step to more rank VIIIs in Air, and the first rank VIIIs in Ground.

I didnt even notice that, france rank 4 has effectivly disappeared XD

1 Like

What about vehicles that we havent finished researching? I have ~95k RP left till im done with the Gepard 1A2, what happens after the change takes place?

It was lower then the centurion when the brits released which means 6.3 but i cant remember if they were both moved up to 6.7 after release meaning caernarvon was 6.0 and centurion would have been 6.3. I remmeber when they came out it was weird the caernarcon was lower then centurion being better in every way to the mk 3.

The tier doesnt matter so much and for now we dont onow what might come by then in the update.

I am honestly disappointed with the constant downgrading in the middle range.

In the meantime, almost the entire T3 has landed on T2 and the former T4 on T3 (and some even from T4 to T2). I had all equipped these vehicles with purchased talismans, which are worthless again. I am also very critical of this with regard to events and Battle Pass tasks. If all of them are downgraded, these tasks should no longer be tied to T3, but e.g. to BR

4 Likes

Since no one else has said it that I can see, I just think the visual display aspects of detailing this change in the super clear format that they did, well coded and interactive/intuitive, was really well done.

3 Likes

I think from now on they will use that line for prototype and export vehicles

They’ll be unlocked.