Following the Roadmap: grouping vehicles, rank changes, and improvements to premium vehicles

I like this intent, but there are some things I don’t like.

TT’s lines should reflect technical continuity. Vehicles that are technically connected in the IRL are likely to have similar playstyles in-game as well. So it is not a good idea to randomly place vehicles simply for the purpose of evenly distributing them from line to line within a rank.

For example, I can point the Leopard 2K. The Leopard 2K should be placed between the Leopard 1 and Leopard 2A4 rather than the M48 and T-72. Also, for Sweden, the combination should be (Strv 101)-(Strv 103A/103C)-(Strv 104/105) instead of (Strv 101/103A)-(Strv 104/103C). It makes sense to group similar vehicles into folders.The scheduled TT structure has bad accessibility for anyone who wants to play Strv 103.

15 Likes

If rank 8 ground, it is acceptable.

Out of group does not mean nerfing. I don’t think an F8F is similar in gameplay to an F7F

Edit: We might be so close to a Leopard 1A3/1A4

3 Likes

I think that with the Israeli Vautours being moved up a rank and foldered, it is time for the IIN to get the Shafrir 2 and go up in br. It’s going to give people a reason to grind for it

pls gaijin im begging you give it shafrir 2 its going to make it so much more fun to play

2 Likes

That’s not a reason to separate them tho. They’re still both carrier fighters.

@SaabGripen
Things being spread apart reduces the lines.
And I think focusing too much on what’s foldered might distract from the point that it still reduces RP required for collection seekers.

1 Like

I like the fact that rank 7 is ready for the rank 8 introduction

2 Likes

In your terms, FJ-4 and A-4 should stay grouped too. Which is giving me headaches.

4 Likes

I really like those changes to tech trees with folding vehicles. That thing will make soooo much easier. But, one thing. Is it really necessary to create a rank 8 tanks? Because clearly everyone can see that u are making a base for this.

Rank 8 tanks was announced a while ago, and yes is necessary to be in parity with air & naval, as naval will definitely be going through 8 ranks as well.

1 Like

Most of these have copy and paste like J-4(Chinese MiG-17 that doesn’t have afterburner) or are quite similar to aircraft that need to be researched previously like F-2 Sabre that has just different guns from F-25 Sabre. It is complenty ridiculous that the ranks are different even though they are literally or almost same vehicles.

Also, Vautours move to rank 6 means removing air spawn, making it completely unplayable by removing what was it’s only advantage against other 9.0BR jets.

1 Like

Wz1001 need to be moved back, the first branch can be used to place export tank.

8 Likes

There are still some premium tanks missing. The Ru251 should be rank 5 aswell. There are no tanks similar to its br at rank 4 and tanks like the m47 are 7.3 aswell

its cause they said there was only 3 tanks in 1 line

Please folder the WZ1001 with the ZTZ99A instead of having it after the CM11 @Stona_WT

12 Likes

if I recall it is BR based not rank based

Some randomly mashed together vehicles need to change i feel like. While something like Japan ground looks very clean now other trees need some work. Russian SU- series is gigantic mess in the proposal. we got 3 folders and in each there’s one mismatch vehicle. SU-85 hidden in folder named SU-152/ISU-152, SU-85M with SU-122, and SU-100 with SU-122S.

3 Likes

In the planned German ground TT structure, rank 6 of the Leopard line consists of one Leopard A1A1/1A5 folder. It’s only one space. I see no reason not to leave the Leopard 2K here.

Also, for the upcoming Swedish ground TT, it’s a rather bad change for anyone wanting to play Strv 103. Because need to research Strv 101 or Strv 104 first, then Strv 103A/C in folders. It would be nice to have similar vehicles grouped into folders so players don’t get bored, but is there any reason to skip the Strv 103 altogether?

5 Likes

Imagine going into a shop asking to get money back because an item is now cheaper that it was before… ;-)

4 Likes

Move the flakbus, dicker Max, sturer Emil and Waffentrager to the 5th column/right line. Add the sdkfz 221 and sdkfz 222 to the 1st column/left line.

These slow tank destroyers don’t make sense in the light tank line especially now that the marder 3s moved tothe 5th line

1 Like

First of all, I want to express my appreciation for the work Gaijin’s putting in on this. The roadmap so far hasn’t disappointed expectations, and you deserve lots of credit for that.

As for actionable feedback, I actually don’t have much to say about this one. I almost exclusively play WW2-era German vehicles in RB and SB, so research and progression are not a big core focus of mine, nor is exact rank placement. But I do have some observations on how the German ground tree is currently structured.

First of all, the level of foldering here is quite thorough, actually beyond what I expected; I certainly didn’t anticipate, for example, the Jagdtiger being foldered, or the Marder III H / StuH / StuG triple folder that opens rank II.

In terms of restructuring the lines themselves, I understand how much of a headache this can pose. Ideally from a UI design standpoint, having lines of technological continuity would be better and clearer, especially for new or inexperienced players. On the other, no nation has such an even spread of vehicles that we can get truly uniform lines.

For example, I always thought having it right before the Dicker Max felt a little odd! Even just going by playstyle, they don’t really have much in common after all. as there aren’t really enough light German TT vehicles to keep it company :D I’m just not sure where else it could go.

Some degree of coherence is there, it makes senze for the Pz III line to lead to Tigers, and for the Pz IV line to lead to Panthers. The AA line is also perfectly consistent.

But I still think there’s room for improvement with the tank destroyer lines.

I wonder if there are better foldering options for the early ranks, that would allow you to keep Marders and StuGs in separate lines; so that you retain the somewhat more intuitive division between open-topped SPGs, and casemate tank destroyers. I realise that would require foldering the Stugs with something else, like for example the Pz 38s.

Mmmh…

My ideas about this are actually less clear than I thought. If anyone has any input on this, I’d be curious to read what you think. Maybe it’s just nitpicking over relatively minor stuff, and might not really be an obstacle to new players navigating the trees.

In any event, excellent step in the right direction overall.

2 Likes

I guess it is just mistake because A6M5(China) was available in Chinese server back then.