Flakpanzer IV (3 cm Flakvierling) ‘Zerstörer 45’

It literally states in the source you provided that the mobelwagon version was the only one built.

2 Likes

Gaijin can’t really work off of “likely”, can they?

We know there was a mobelwagen modified to have the quad mount MK 103s, as shown in one of your replies to this very topic, specifically to test this sort of tank.

We know that only 1 was possibly built, also as shown by one of your replies.

Your argument hangs on the possible chance that they didn’t consider that vehicle to be a Zestorer 45 and the Germans built the Wirbelwind turret with quad Mk 103s even though no document says that is the case.

3 Likes

I didn’t provide any sources that says one Zerstörer 45 on Mobelwage was built plus all the pic shows the gun alone not installed on any type of chase why would they take the gun away from it’s chase if they didn’t installed it or try to install it on a new one or in a new configuration

You did.

Edit: My bad I confused people due to same profile icon.

1 Like

That’s not me

First it wasn’t my reply, seconds hell we have ho-ri production, R2Y2s and a Yak 141 with weapons and avionic systems that it didn’t use but all still be added in the game Gaijin can work with more than likely if they want to add something to the game, third the pics shows the gun alone and there is no pics or physical evidence that says that it was only installed on a Mobelwage, if it was only built on a Mobelwage why bother remove it from it if they don’t want to install it on a new chase or new configuration.

It literally states in the second pick only the mobelwagon version was built, with plans for a wirbelwind variant. Also the rules for planes are different than ground vehicles.

1 Like

I can’t prove my ideas since i don’t have strong evidence but if it was built in a Mobelwage configuration at least give it a proper shields
Flakpanzer_IV_Mobelwagen
b6p4b7hyqsx71
nxf4a5hyqsx71

Both were added way back when rules were more relaxed and the R2Y2s have been stated quite a few times to be on the chopping block to be removed. Ho-Ris are complicated because Japan is overall a severely lacking nation in ground.

There was only 1 singular Yak-141 built, and to add it you either add the actual production version with all its mechanisms, or the actual prototype which would be entirely useless. Obviously Gaijin went with the first option.

Unlike the Yak-141, the Mobelwagen prototype of the Zestorer 45 isn’t useless since it has actual weapons, it just isn’t as good as the actual production version. Besides it has a far higher chance of having actually been built, since there are at least some sources that say it was built.

The picture shows the quad mount for the 3cm Flakvierling 103/38, which itself is a standalone project and doesn’t necessarily have to do with the Zestorer 45.

Lack of evidence is not an argument.

Except you don’t know if it was removed or not, you cannot make that claim. The Zestorer 45 was meant to make use of that quad mount, but the quad mount was still its own standalone project. Unless stated otherwise, every picture of it “alone” is entirely possible to be completely separate from the Zestorer 45.

3 Likes

Even then, the Yak-141 had such a clear and concise production configuration that adding a “finished” vehicle is easy.

With the Zestorer 45, it’s hard to even tell what went into it, even if you look at the dozens of drawings of it.

3 Likes

20mm’s/2cm’s, and singles were 37mm’s.
Question do you know if there are any pictures of the quad-3cm being placed onto a flatbed Panzer IV

So one point of clarification for those confused by Gaijin’s implementation of the quad 30mm on a Mobelwagen chassis. The Mobelwagen equipped with the quad 30mm is NOT the actual Flakpanzer IV Zerstörer 45. The actual Zerstörer 45 itself was never built in the configuration posted above (ie the Wirbelwind-looking one), however, to test the gun mount itself one such mounting was placed on a Mobelwagen chassis and that is what Gaijin has implemented. In all reality, Gaijin should probably fix the name to reflect that this is not the actual Zerstörer 45 but a test vehicle for the quad 30mm.

2 Likes

Istg if I have to hear this damn argument one more time…

The Ho-Ris and R2Y2s were added under entirely different criteria sets nearly 10 years ago. Gaijin has explicitly said that those vehicles no longer meet the criteria for being added today. In fact, they’ve already said that they plans to remove the R2Y2s.

As for the Yak-141, I do disagree with its introduction in a historically inaccurate format in much the same way I disagree with the M6A2E1 having an extra front armor plate that was intended to be mounted but never was. However, adding a vehicle that existed with additional intended armament and sensor systems is not the same as adding a vehicle that never existed.

Can y’all not understand the concept of criteria for addition changing over time? I’ve seen this same non-argument parrotted for the 7 years that I have been playing and it is extremely irritating. I can’t figure out whether or not it is a refusal to understand that concept or if there is an understanding and an accompanying ignoring of it despite that.

M6A2E1, Yak-141, and TOG II but it doesn’t matter at this point sigh.

The TOG II has it’s real configuration ingame too.

And as I just said, add a vehicle with fake but planned extra features is not the same as adding a vehicle that never existed. The Zerstorer 45 we’re getting ingame did exist. The Wirbelwind one may have existed too, but likely not. We know the one on the Mobelwagen existed and there’s a shipping manifest for it.

1 Like

I’m talking about its mockup configuration. There isn’t a reason to add it but they did. So I’m not surprised they did something similar to the M6A2E1. Which came before.

Semi sort of, the TOG II in-game has a multitude of historical issues granted, and every attempt to report them has thus far resulted in the devs stating it’s intended as a fake vehicle or something along those lines.

As for the “Zerstörer 45”, the vehicle as seen here, ie the Mobelwagen test vehicle did indeed exist and I’m glad it’s being added. Although the Mobelwagen test vehicle was never actually designated Zerstörer 45, I feel like it would be better to just rename the thing to something like Mobelwagen mit 3cm Flak or something similar as it could help to avoid further controversy and debate.

1 Like

Fair. I’m still trying to figure out what to call it for my lang mod.

1 Like

Möbelkraftwagen mit 3cm Flakvierlingslafette

1 Like

In that case why has the LAV-AD the configuration of its developmentpaper (that was later scrapped) and not its production configuration? I havent found any sources that it had 8 Stingers and additionally a Hydra-pod, it only had to have either one Stinger-pod and one Hydra-pod or two Stinger-pods and no Hydras. The latter configuration is production and the first one never actually came into action from what I could find.