Fixing Aim-54's lofting can allow developer gather more data on effectiveness of ARH in live server to aid future decision

We know that Aim-54 can be easily dodged with a hard pull unless player isn’t paying attention (say AFK) or slowed down too much and unable to pull Gees.
We also know Aim-54’s lofting angle is still too shallow despite previous fix, it should climb at an angle similar to the ARH in testing event.
Also ARH testing event is here and Gaijin is interested in how ARH will impact game play.

Thus I recommend a controlled experiment:

• Copy lofting code from ARH under testing to Aim54 or simply fix it.

Reason: Gaijin already has data on Aim-54 without completely fixing the lofting.
By giving Aim-54 a bigger or realistic lofting, Gaijin can perform a controlled experiment where they can compare the kill stat of Aim-54 before and after the lofting fix.
Gaijin can even only apply this fix to Aim-54C and keeping Aim-54A the same for comparison.

This is a very unique opportunity and allow Gaijin to collect at least 2 month worth of data points.
This also allows player base to adapt to significant lofting that will arrive in next major update; and prepares them for the more potent ARH, which Gaijin was concerned that may negatively affect game play.

If kill stat increases dramatically after adding more lofting to Aim-54.
Then lofting itself is a powerful effectiveness booster, thus it may be a good idea to avoid giving too much lofting to ARH.
If kill stat doesn’t increase dramatically after adding more lofting to Aim-54.
Then the kill probability is likely affected by other factors, like load factor, ARH seeker performance, doppler gate width, etc.

12 Likes

thats actually a very good idea i hope they do this

I don’t like and I don’t think that implementing different degrees of lofting should be a balancing factor.
It should be as realistic as feasable and balanced with the mm including the br-system we have.
Same as you shouldn’t reduce the engine performance, just bc something is stronger than desired.

the Phoenix and these later FOX-3s are very different, phoenix has many times the range and much less pull, would be a very shakey set of datapoints to base the later FOX-3s on, and not to mention the phoenix is not far off 15-20 years older iirc

It’s pull is ahistorically low and not an indication of how it should behave, particularly against fighter sized maneuvering targets

1 Like