Final Separate Battle Ratings by Gamemode Changes & What We’re Planning for Attack Aircraft with All-Aspect Missiles in Air Battles

Yeah you are kind of right. In the supersonics you can just play energy all day and kill anyone who thinks about sticking tho, and I definitely think that the Sagittario is much more appropriate for 9.3 than the lightning etc. is

Don’t need to be rude, I happened to miss that part. I misread it and thought it said ground battles. So it’s on me.

1 Like

Sorry haha, the opinions tossed around earlier in these threads have a way of getting under one’s skin.

1 Like

sad BLÅHAJ noises
blahaj-is-sad-v0-1rcylayvtuqa1

4 Likes

Q5L has been moved up to 10.3 but it doesnt have countermeasures . Why?

It will be.

Maybe Gaijin will finally make the F-105 playable again lol

look at the bright side, F14 players got more feed :D

I’m part of F-14A spammer so, would like to club them lmao

can those fighter jets without interference devices also be kept away from those spaa missiles?
8.3—9.3 fighter jets require some changes

Where is the nerf for su25 in joint battles? Why did they only nerf a10?

Superb news! Good job!!!

So you still ignore lower BR bombers/strikes being just free kills and nothing don’t to them - why cant they too have closer spawn???
Also still you ignore the fact that in AIr RB all targets are in the stupid middle making it a easy mode for everyone to kill you. Adding way more targets that are not in the middle of the map would help a bit

Why does it sound like you were afraid to propose such a balanced solution? Do you really think community would dislike it more than the current state? I feel like these kinds of solutions to other big problems are being kept away for some reason.

Please god don’t do this to the Su-25

So close, you are so close to realizing. The reason why the matchup is uncommon is because flying a flareless aircraft against an all aspect missile is a death sentence. If you create an all weights fighting tournament, you shouldn’t be surprised that all the featherweights have no desire to directly compete against heavyweight opponents (and thus opt to not show up in the first place).

I would love to fly my Hunter F.6, or T-2, or even give stuff I’ve been putting off like the MiG-21F-13 and F-100 a try. But I don’t and I won’t fly them because on top of the extra difficulty of an uptier, they also are forced to play “4km of airspace is lava” with every A-10, Su-25, and TRAM which can out skill them with a whopping 2 button presses.

4 Likes

I have mixed feelings about it. It may work in maintaining status quo with a higher BR. But it could also be worse for everyone.

Though should be given to more than just the handful of US and USSR aircraft. Many would benefit from this buff

Exactly what we were looking for, finally the advance spawn is back. Gaijin you know what is the right thing to do, it does not matter what some of the people say, War Thunder is about realism and authentic combat, it is a small step to get these done, it’s a small step in the approach to bring back skills and air combat knowledge back to 9.0 to 11.0.
Anyway the key point is attack aircraft should be better at attacking the ground, they should be doing their job and get good rewards from ground target, and more importantly, they should be better at doing this than fighters, their weapons should only for self defense purposes, so that they actually make sense in their niche.
Anyway, brilliant, thank you gaijin, I understand a lot of people will question such choice because they just wanna sling out missile without learning how to fight, but you know what’s right for long term.
(I replied this on steam too)

You have now explained why this is tone deaf. I absolutely understand the intention, but it will damage every single BR, not just affect top tier aircraft. Specifically, long range bombers and their primary method of income will be slashed, causing lower BR grind for these aircraft to be increased. Also, on average, top teir matches rarely go beyond 10 minutes, in which bases are usually bombed at around 5 minutes. The bases will not respawn in time before the match ends, effectively negating moving these aircraft down in the first place. This suggestion should have never been made, period. No discussion. It would be different about making a poll about redistribution of rewards to make it beneficial by role. I’d be responsive to that, but never to “Do you want reduced base reward for a ~possibility~ of reducing attacker/bomber BR?”. It yet again circles to BR compression, a continuous problem from BR 8.3 and up.

'Kay, major issue with your stance here. I am not advocating for a PvE mode. And you are correct, this mode is called “Air Battles”. I happen to notice it is not called “Combat Air Patrol” or “Interdiction Battles” as well. Trying to say it’s not called something specific is using a strawman argument. Air Battles has always included some sort of objective that planes need to achieve, and when it includes ground targets and strategic targets (bases and airfields), there are planes that are specialized to perform those roles.

Ground battles are not suitable for grinding attackers and bombers. You suggesting this is indicating to me you lack understanding of the problem of these aircraft because you only care about fighters. You also completely glossed over the base bombing problem by throwing in another strawman. I do not WANT 16 bases, I WANT the aircraft designed to do these roles as the primary aircraft to execute it and not have it picked up by F-104s and F-4s instead. Strike aircraft and Bombers are not well suited for A2A combat, they shouldn’t be always forced to do it as a way to earn income.

If you take away the rewards for aircraft to fulfill their role then what point is there to have attackers and bombers? Not everyone is using vehicles just for fun, there needs to be meaningful progress made no matter which vehicle you are using. I dare say this “Fighter only” meantality is more poisonous to War Thunder as a whole.

1 Like

Finally!
Good news.

So now and A-10A Late will be able to unleash hells of AGM, before switching to Air-Air mode → seems fun.