Feedback on new Test Flight air base

I had a look at the new high tier air base in test flight: Very nice, and much more immersive! Love it!!!

I assume those will become standard for all high tier matches in all game mode, yes?

And hopefully the improved test flight coming also to all other aircraft, not only the latest added aircraft?

Some ideas/suggestions:

1. Spawn positions:
    Atm, it’s only possible to spawn on the runway. For added immersion, possibility to spawn also “on the plate”, in front of hangars etc. would be welcome, escpecially for Sim: Not very immersive to star one’s engines up right on the runway, no?
  • It would even make sense and motivate people to use such an option if one gets a reward (just like after successful landing) if one starts up on plate and taxies to runway, and after landing taxies back.
  1. Immersion:
    As beautiful as the new airfield is, it lacks “Life”… Why not add parked vehicles and aircraft, for optimal immersion based on player’s country and tier? It works for the hangar, after all…

2. Mission relevance:
    Those bunkers are very inviting for precision munitions: Are there any plans to upgrade Sim’s airfield destruction mechanics? Make individual bunkers, buildings and taxiways/runways destructible and functionally relevant instead of the very rough, not immersive at all destruction zones we today have…

• Say there’s 8 aircraft shelters: Knocking on eout would increase repair/reload/refuel time by 12.5%, knocking out two by 25%,…
  1. Details:
    I take it this airfield hasn’t been in operation for a while? There’s grass growing into the taxiways everywhere… ;-)

Also, the construction worker that put the taxiway lights onto the taxiway instead of at its border should get his paycheck reduced…

Finally: Are those hangar doors supposed to be rotating or sliding? If sliding, sliding them open will sure be hard with the rollers mounted like this, heh heh!

5 Likes

Are we finally getting a functional test flight after 10 years?

5 Likes

First of all: GREAT CHANGE! (please add it to air rb maps and more testdrives)

I personally would like to see the helis acually spawn on the Helipad (maybe facing the taxiway) instead of just spawning offcenter

Also may i ask what theese unconeccted dirt hills are supposed to be?

if they are supposed arming areas (removal of the remove before flight pins) the floor should be also layed out with asphalt/concrete and the dirt “wall” itself should be higher

In some future additions id love to see some Fencing arround the base and the addition of more Administrative buildings and barraks near the base (also maybe some road networks near the base so that it is not just sitting in the wild with out a connection)

4 Likes

I love the new test flight map and the new modern airfield but I feel like this is unfinished on many levels.

I totally agree with you on what you wrote.
Here are few more ideas from me

Add more acting npcs and make the airfield alive. Have some trucks or cars going around. Some stationed jets and helis. Maybe also add some flying helicopters around the base and some drones too.

Add a zones where we can test RWRs, MAWs and other electronics to get to know how they work in test drive. Something similar to the APS test in the ground forces.

Make these ones a reality

Something from the other game as inspiration

3 Likes

Making us Taxi would be awesome. (I totally wouldn’t take off from the Taxiway in my JA37)

Oh, not to mention swedens BAS-60 system would be just, exquisite.

1 Like

Some of the test flight maps currently on the live server have NPC aircraft on the ground in their diorama, so it should be possible for these new modern ones to get something similar:

The only Dreams Come True I want

BAS-60