False Anticheat trigger

I did notice that I have a new eac folder in my program files now, EasyAntiCheat_EOS. The live client uses the original EasyAntiCheat, wheras the dev client tries to use this new one and falls over during loading. Have tried all the reinstall and verifying stuff, no joy.

I’d clear all EAC from your machine maybe.

I’ve been having issues with the live version of WT now as it uses an outdated version compared to something else I run. I can’t run both games at the same time anymore compared to before.

I don’t have that EOS folder though in my program files folder, just the EAC in themain game folder. ((Whelp I do, and I even have an EasyAntiCheat folder there by itself even lol)) Could check that you haven’t got EAC manually installed in the uninstall apps dialog, but I’d definitely keep at it. ((I also don’t have either of those installations having uninstall in the app dialog))

If my live install runs in to issues, I may take that route. However, as my live version has not encountered problems I am not willing to risk messing with it just to fix the dev client. I guess if patch day causes EAC issues then the problem will become a lot more imediate though.

Different games with EAC could be a factor, as I have no other EAC games so that could be why my live has not been affected.

It’s not a bug if a file becomes corrupted, this is why the fix that is referenced is almost always to uninstall and reinstall. This is also not a Gaijin bug, they legit tell you to troubleshoot using EAC procedures.

lol. That is so not true its funny.

What’s not true, it not being a bug for file corruptions or that you have to fix using EAC guidance, not Gaijin? You, the user, can corrupt your own files. A download can corrupt files through no input from the user or company. It is a common software issue that’s typically easily fixed by the user, and they tell you to reference FAQ for these problems before submitting a report. And not a “bug” report, a technical issue report.

I see you’ve never worked in tech support or management.
“Ah, yeah, we’re going to need to you follow these steps so you can use your software because we messed up an update.” will get you fired IRL.

Dude, I called you out before about doing things in a process, and actually checking things… lol…

And I’ve already told you that you don’t know what you are talking about. Be gone troll.

Oh but alas, I do know what I am doing, hence why we’re at the stage of pointing out it’s an EAC issue and hence the fix of being to fix that rather than your blanket ‘uninstall/reinstall the game’ solution without looking.

I’m reading this as someone thinking they need to bring their car in for low tire pressure when all was needed was to fill the tire with air. Software problems are not always a developer issue, sometimes the client software corrupts because computers are finicky. This is why the FAQ exists. You create a problem ticket they will ask you the same thing before proceeding. Please tell me you are not a PEBKAC.

You should be reading this as someone who brings their car in for new tires and the shop forgets to put air in them.

You are basically repeating “my tire has low pressure” problem, which is still fixable by the user.

The analogy you probably want is “the shop installed new tires, but one of them is flat because of a large hole”. This isn’t fixable by the user, the shop has to correct it.

A user is reasonably expected to try to attempt simple fixes to correct issues (the FAQ). If it is beyond the reasonable abilty of the user to repair, it now falls to tech support, then relayed to development if the problem continues to persist (for software). File corruption is not an automatic “bug”. I can literally corrupt them by disrupting a file transfer in any number of ways.

Ah, my condolences that you’re going through that, but we’re not talking about that right now.

Okay something else you are unfamiliar with.

Running the Dev Server on Linux, it just tells me that EAC is not enabled and to restart with it enabled. Any thoughts? I don’t see an option to turn EAC on OR off in my launcher. This happens when I try to start a Ground RB match.

I get it with windows 11 just think thr recent eac with the dev server is just fucked

1 Like