Fair Play: September 2026

“freedom of speech”, i expect better from you to actually come up with an actual reason rather than a blanket cop out of a phrase.

Theres times and places where some things are ok and acceptable and theres times where it isnt.

Sharing your fetishes is not acceptable around a video game that focuses on tanks, planes and botes.

War Thunders TOS explicitly says that such usernames are not allowed:

2. NICKNAMES, CLAN NAMES, AND CLAN DESCRIPTIONS

2.1. It is forbidden to create Nicknames that contain:

  • Words that contain, in whole or in part, trademarks, copyrighted names without proper authorization, or in any way may infringe intellectual property rights.
  • Words, phrases, abbreviations, or any other references relating to sexual abuse, cruelty, or vulgar sexual meaning.
  • Names that are misleading about the Player’s affiliation with the Administration, developers of the Games, officials, or other persons related to the Games operation.
  • Any content violating these Game Rules, EULA, or Terms of Service.

It is forbidden to create Clan names, as well as slogans, logos, and descriptions of the Clan (if any) that contain:

  • Obscene, violent, or abusive graphical content or language, including words, abbreviations, and consonants with the terms and phrases in any language, including transliteration, and any visual or textual content violating moral and ethical standards. In some cases, it is difficult to draw an unambiguous conclusion about the compliance or non-compliance of the specific Clan name with this paragraph (for instance, whether transliteration/consonance is abusive or not) — in such a case, the Administration considers the complaints submitted by Players.
  • Words, phrases, idioms, images, or any other verbal or graphical content that is promoting or offending (insulting) any political opinion, racial or national origin, religion or membership in any union or organization, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
  • Words or graphic elements that contain, in whole or in part, trademarks, copyrighted names without proper authorization, or in any way may infringe intellectual property rights.
  • Words, phrases, abbreviations, idioms, or any other references related to psychotropic or narcotic substances, alcohol, tobacco, and their use.
  • Words, phrases, abbreviations, or any other references relating to sexual abuse, cruelty, or vulgar sexual meaning, as well as any other graphical and/or textual content related to pornography or erotic materials in any form (including hand-drawn cartoons, anime cartoons).
  • Names or graphic elements that are misleading about the Player’s affiliation with the Administration, developers of the Games, officials, or other persons related to the Games operation. Players shall not use Game titles and/or any other references to Gaijin’s products as a Clan name, Clan slogan, Clan logo, or any other graphical or textual element related to a Clan.
  • Names considered insulting or inflammatory by the Administration.
  • Any content violating these Game Rules, EULA, or Terms of Service.

Vulgarity and sexual innuendo are a no-no

6 Likes

it CANNOT be that deep gng

1 Like

And the offensive Chinese player names

No one is actually looking for a date in War Thunder chat, that’s obvious trolling, relax my friend, maybe unpucker a little. It’s just young people “taking the p*ss”, let them have their fun.

I’d much rather have that in chat than the people trying to preach Christianity to me, which I’ve seen a lot of too.(but I don’t want to see them banned either because that’s just MY preference and I don’t force my speech preferences on others.)

Innuendo? We just had a “Cuddles” decal in the monthly decals this month. Did you see the Zodiac pinup decals? Gaijin has no problem at all with “innuendo.” Nor should they. Nor do you I suspect. Let’s be honest here.

The OP on this was whether some variation of “femboy” or “furry” should be in a player or clan name or whether that should be bannable because the player/clan NAME made another player “uncomfortable.” Not a picture on their tank, not in chat. Maybe stick to what was being discussed?

As correctly stated in your post, Gaijin has chosen in the past not to interpret those terms as having a “vulgar sexual meaning” under their ToS despite player complaints a WORD (woo, scary) makes them uncomfortable. This is a free speech stance and I respect Gaijin for taking it here. I don’t always agree with the clan names they do allow (looking at you, NA7I and STASI) but in general I’d rather they underregulate paying customer speech than overregulate it.

EDIT:… Aaaand this post was shadowbanned. Cause speech just makes people too uncomfortable to bear it. Nah, I’ll throw it to the mods for their judgment, as is.

Cheer to all the banned gentlemen:

1 Like

i think thats what they talk about when they say “freedom of speech” xD
cheers!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

youre right i should be happy air sim is missing a needed QoL feature instead!! DUE TO PEOPLE USING CHEATING AND EXPLOITS thank you.

1 Like

Yea I guess seeing the only game mode I am having fun in getting absolutely destroyed every single time we have an air event and because of people exploiting it make the Devs not want to develop any further the game mode, then yes it is that deep.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

you got permanent ban for using this exploit?

its 14 days

yeah, i know, but it will be funny if he realy got permanent ban for this bug exploit

for doing an non profit bug isnt a permanent ban bud

Curious as to know how you know this to be the “facts” of the matter?
Because I have seen several instances and that is exactly what they were doing.
And yeah, I also realize it’s just the “younger generation” doing what they do,
as I mentioned in my first post. BUT . . . wearing a mohawk and tattered, dirty
shredded clothes and the sexuality that is blatantly shown all over the place here
at times are two totally different things. (Just an example for comparison)

Again, do what you want in the privacy of your own home, nothing wrong with that.
BUT . . . at least have the common courtesy, common sense and decency to keep
your sexuality, fetishes, wants and wishes on the subject private, as it is a
private matter, not to been shared or “glorified” in public. This is basic respect.

I respect your right to do as you wish in the privacy of your own home, please
show a likewise respect by not shoving it in everyone’s faces everywhere you go.
That is not how you “Win friends and enfluence people” . . again,

Just be cool

And for the record, I have not called for ANY type of penalty or punishment
for any of it. Not my call . . . that’s on Gaijin . . . it’s their place of business.

I grew up watching Bugs Bunny/Warner Bros cartoons, and I turned out ok
(more or less . . lol) and it taught me about slapstick and classical music.
Other than that . . . just made me laugh, and still does, BUT . . .
if I had a suit like this . . I would try to find some place to wear it . . . .
Too Cool Daffy

C’est la Vie

the game is 16+… they can handle that