F8U-2 Needs a BR Increase

I was very surprised this plane didn’t go to 10.3 or 10.7 after the recent br update which I believe is urgently needed.

When this thing gets an downtier to the 9.0 to 10.0 brackets, the F8U outclimbs, outruns most of the planes, it also have very good energy retention plus plentiful flares, so if a F8U player decides to play safe, there is not a single plane in 9.0 to 10.0 that can effectively counter it.

What’s more, the biggest problem is that it also carries 4 AIM-9Ds which are 18G missiles. Unlike the Aim-9B, the Aim-9D has pretty decent range and is not dodgeable through maneuvers. Any planes that has no flares is just a free kill for the F8U if it has the chance to launch the aim9d on you within 2km.

Many people talking about the wingload problem and how easy this plane is gonna rip its wing off, but imo when you are playing a plane of br 9.x, what you need is a fair chance to fight your enemy instead of hoping he makes mistake and rip his wing off…

20 Likes

bumping this because it’s completely ruinning the BR, it needs to go to 10.3-10.7 ASAP

5 Likes

I just spaded this thing and I would say it is one of planes that takes no skill for killing almost every jets in that BR blanket.

Only issue is just zombers on team.

1 Like

I really don’t know why its so low, I love the thing but what the hell?

Yeah spamming AIM-9Ds against flareless jets including supersonics are pretty joke.

I wouldn’t surprised if it goes 10.7BR because wing ripping is ways harder now.

3 Likes

Its crazy to me that the F-4C is HIGHER than it…

Better dogfight performance, better missiles… What the hell?

1 Like

classic Gaijin moment just like “muh stats”

5 Likes

F-4C and F8U-2 should trade BR spots and the A-5C should be moved up to 10.7 as well because that thing rates better than the F8U-2 , and is faster as well. You have a hard time against a decent A-5C player. Not only that, the F-4C would be one of the earliest phantoms, and it’s flight performance is still pretty decent when you consider for what it is.

There are psychos who’ve stated the F8U-2 and F-8E should be 11.0 with the J-7E. I don’t know how a 1950’s jet is magically of the same caliber of a jet that has near F-16 level of flight performance.
I also wanna see how the F-4C would fare when given flares
“But they’re not realistic!”
Neither is the F-5E being a composite of 4-5 different variants

If I had a choice instead of Gaijin arbitrarily deciding BRs. I would move top-tier up to 14.0 to decompress. bump slightly Mig-23s higher, bump F-4J/Ss higher, Probably keep the Ja37D the same BR or move it slightly, I haven’t faced them enough. and have most PD capable vehicles or vehicles that have even limited all-aspect out of that bracket with some exceptions. Where the F-4E, Mig-21s, Mirage IIIs and so on sit so they don’t deal with that BS.

1 Like

I can agree, expecially during events people spam F8U-2 and literally any other plane between 9.0 to 10.0 is unplayable because of that.

Must be some kind of joke again with this thing making the whole br range 9.0-10.0 cancer