F15I - SPICE/Popeye/Mav's

The F15I is sorely lacking attack options in it’s munitions.

Having a max capacity of 2 TV/IR/self-guided munitions is horrible.

Having just bombs and no missiles further accentuates this issue.

I understand the need to have it be different, especially with the engine difference.

As it is, Kurnass 2000 is still better than F15I.

Solutions:

A: Give Spice bombs. Keeps the limitation of bomb-only ordinance, but allows for better tracking.

B: As Mav’s are the quintessential air to ground munition, and the F15E can equip 6 of them, give F15I a couple of Popeye’s. Or just a couple of Mav’s.

These changes keep the F15I a little worse than the F15E at it’s primary role, but make it viable option over existing choices.

36 Likes

+1

Give the F-15I Spice and AGM-142, hell give it mavericks I wouldn’t mind and give the F-15E the better engines. No need to keep these planes gimped. Also please give them litening II over the lantirn pod.

The F-15E and F-15I really feel like sidegrades to already existing aircraft in their respective trees. Only added now as a way to introduce these GBU-39s that will be completely worthless outside of air sim.

3 Likes

Popeye mixed with 20km max lock range would be fair.
Spice 250 however are a bit too powerful imo, they are a bit like the brimstone ARH mode but EO and without a rocket motor.

2 Likes

add agm65 is ok

1 Like

Gaijin could make SPICE-250 be GPS only… Similar to what they did to the Brimstones

also there is the Spice-250 ER that has a turbine engine

1 Like

Whats the point then? SDB is the same

1 Like

Gaijin is still unwilling to add the AGM142 they should have for Israeli aircraft. Even if it’s just to make a bigger AGM65G, Gaijin don’t want to

3 Likes

At least could add SPICE 2000

F-15I Ra’am late batch equipped Litening III

Retain LANTIRN AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod

2 Likes

Sadly, unknown variant

1 Like

Spice would simply operate like a Maverick without being self-propelled.

Bigger payload, but that doesn’t matter vs tanks. Rarely does a Mav not kill anything it hits directly.

Spice is, in essence, a gravity drop Mav instead of a missile. Obviously inferior.

Sadly, even if you know what variant it is, it will not be added to the game.

I lucky found this from classic forum 😴

2 Likes

What’s the point in an Attack aircraft without more than 2 tracking munitions? Currently the F-16D still looks to be the preferable choice for ground strikes. Its smaller and quicker. The Ra’am (and everything else that could carry it) should get the Popeyes (or atleast semi-historical Mavs)

4 Likes

It can in the future be allowed to use the IR seeker

The spice 1000 is the answer here, I desperately wish they would just have mercy and add mavericks since Israel obviously has the mavericks and the mounting hardware necessary for them (Kurnass 2k). I know there’s people who think planes should only use exact loadouts they’ve used irl even though this is a video game, to appease them, the spice 1000 loadouts with their respective EO seekers are the clear answer. Just limit it to an amount of 4 for game balance purposes and we’d be significantly better off than we are now.

Edit: Changed from spice 250 to 1000 due to the massive quantity of 250s that an F15 can carry, so it would be a bit goofy to have a relatively balanced limit of 4. The 1000s would be a bit more believable.

4 Likes

Offering Spice 1000s and just putting a loadout limit of ~4 would be a much greater alternative imo, EO seeker head is a must, or else why even bother.

2 Likes

Worthy upgrade over the 2x GBU 15 tbh

Murica and Israel suffers once again

I like how youre talking about balancing a gliding bomb, while usssr recieveng 2nd jet with Kh-38mt and never even plays against S1…

I just took a look at kh-38MT. WOW

That is faar and above anything anyone else has.

2.2M speed?!
IR/IOG
152KG explosion

That’s more than 2X as fast as AGM-65.
And almost exactly 3 X as much explosive mass.

KH-38MT Serial production started 2010’s.
AGM-65D Serial production February 1986.

LOL

Yeah they let that one slide right through.

2 Likes