F15 impossible to balance?

Ideally, would be nice to see every new top jet start with just two of its better missiles. Just so I’m not advocating a one sided stomp fest. Absolutely give the M4K two Magic 2, and whatever the Swedes and Brits will have. If not, then at least adjust the Su-27 to start with two R-60MKs.

1 Like

In terms of flight performances, yeah for sure. The Eurofighter and the Rafale are amazing and beautiful jets. Sadly because of that, they would be too OP right now. I don’t think it will take long before we’ll see them (Prob end of 2024 im guessing) but for now those nations will have to put up with the Russian/USA domination.

You said that not every US aircraft must be meta, unfortunately for you, the game is full into an era which the US and the USSR/Russia were blatantly dominant in air superiority aircrafts, the F-15 was one of them ICYMI

yup, and the Eurofighter was a brilliant project that we’ll surely see in-game in short/medium term, but stop projecting other nations historical problems on american planes. If the snail had the will, they could’ve added the most advanced ordnance to the current US/Russian TT planes and basically outclassed the rest, but its out of discussion because compromises were already made to avoid this projections in the playerbase.

3 Likes

Depending on how fast they add new jets for US and USSR, could be as soon as June before they could be added. But as we’ve just seen, US and USSR had to get the F-16C & F15 and the Mig-29SMT and Su-27 before Sweden could even get the Gripen A and Britain only got a sympathy Gripen C. So I fear that we are stuck with the Gripen C for the next year+ even though we could be at the point of the Typhoon in as little as 6 months

1 Like

So what is wrong with the F-15 then? What is it actually missing?

Because as far as I can tell, its only struggling because R-27ERs on the Su-27. Its historically accurate. Just needs Aim-120 and ECM. Both of which would also massively buff all 10 nations in game and level the playing field.

Sounds like you want the F-15A ONLY buffed whilst the other 8 nations in game are left fighting in what is essentially massive upteirs only

The typhoon is surely coming soon. Once we get the F-15C and F-14D for USA the next logical step is the F/A-18A/C. We’ll get Fox 3s. You’ll get a Tornado with fox 3s a sea harrier etc… Then the only thing that can be added is the Eurofighter. It will come in 2024 for sure. Even though i defend USA a lot, as a french dude, i want my Rafale and realistically it will come this year lol

Yeah, but how long will we be Sea Harrier FA2 or Tornado F3 AoP vs F-15Cs and F-14Ds until Typhoon though. Even though they could come in the same update. Unfortunately, unless the SAAF Gripen C gets AMRAAM, all of our early AMRAAM carriers would be 100% DOA or a full BR lower. Could be 6 months of fighting a full BR uptiers again whilst we twiddle our thumbs waiting for Typhoon, Rafale, etc.

1 Like

AiM7M is literally the third best fox-1 in the game, only the 2 R27R variants are better

And for the love of god it’s the AiM7-F that is acting like an AiM-7M, not the other way around. All CW missiles are modelled with inverse monopulse seekers.

Gaijin could add the AiM7MH or the P (or any aim7 with datalink) to fix the fact that the missiles blow up after losing lock, but it’s not like the US is getting a bad aircraft with the F-15A…
I mean if the F-15A is uncompetitive i wonder what the viggen D or the tornado ADV were on release in your opinion lol

Well they weren’t 12.3s that’s for sure
Though I don’t think anyone ever called them very good either

1 Like

I think we have to wait the Fox 3s to get that answer. Once they get out it will be the last era in war thunder where the US/Russia have the overall domination. Once we get the famous European 4th Gen all those nations will become so much more competitive.

That’s the best Britain and Sweden had for a whole year, and the Viggen was 11.7 until recently while top br was 12.0…

The fact the Viggen moved to 11.3 shows just how much it struggled vs 12s

Yes and they were uncompetitive at both 12.0 and their respective BRs

Lololololol, both Viggen and Tornado ADV were FAR worse against 12.0s compared to what the F-15 is with the Su-27

Autocorrect lol

Yep, they will. Maybe even meta when we see things like a Typhoon firing off 6x ASRAAM and 6x Meteor :P

with 12x Brimstone as the A2G option

1 Like

With the current changes the F-15A has become a good fighter yes. But it still isn’t on par with the Su-27 when it could be without breaking the game. All we’re asking for is the Aim-7MH to counter the R-27ER That’s been dominating for almost a year now. Tornado ADV was DOA, but did it have any other options apart from being added earlier ? The thing is that the F-15A could get a lot of improvement without bringing anything new to the game.

Once we get Meteor you can be sure they will be meta
But for real tho, i know we want them mostly because they are capable, but also because they look so good!

Me want Blackjack skin.

But yeah, they are badass. Might even get round to leveling another nation like France for the Rafale too.

1 Like

While R-27ER was the dominant radar missile for a year, both in the first month after Apex predators and between Sons of Attila and Kings of battle updates the F-16 was the king of the sky.

I agree that AiM7-MH should be added, but F-15 is not bad at all right now.

Also Gripens with skyflashes and aim9Ls could have been added 1 year ago to both Sweden and Britain without any issue

1 Like