F/A-18 Hornet: Tech Tree Placement and Vehicle Type

There is no evidence that the F-14D was used to test the AIM-120. Only confirmed one is the F-14A BuNo. 158625.

2 Likes

as much as i understand that the F-14D never used AIM-120 there is literally an entire fictional aircraft made of a weapons catelogue in the japanese tree, a missile being added to an otherwise historical aircraft is far within the realm of what gaijin should be fine with

5 Likes

Yak-141

End of discussion

2 Likes

But why tho
I’d much prefer 12.7 with AIM-9M, AIM-7P, AIM-54C than 13.0 because of AMRAAMs it never carried. It’d be both more realistic and far more unique than just another AMRAAM carrier.

Because unless they correct the AIM-54s, I would rather have AMRAAMs, when it is going to be fighting them consistently

Well it’ll soon be also facing AIM-120C-5s, R-77-1s, IIR AAM, etc. it can’t be top forever, so why bring it to a higher BR for the sake of one missile, even if it does make it more effective for an update or two?

YES or the F117 and the B-1

It is entirely free to think, but this is already way off topic. I think it is a time to return.

1 Like

F/A-18 can be in 4th line as strike naval jet, F-15E in 5th line as USAF strike/bomber jet

This is a tough one for me because its a multirole aircraft. With that being said i think it would be cool to be considered a fighter if you have all air to air and a strike aircraft if you have a certain amount of ordinance on it. That way if they ever open up attacker spawns again you will be able to spawn with the attackers. I feel like this should be a thing for all multirole aircraft. Also you have to have a certain amount of bombs on you to spawn at the attacker spawn that way people wont load up one bomb and jump into an air spawn stealing it from someone who really wants to ground pound. I also believe limited attackers should be able to spawn or else everyone would do this.

i suppose but no, you drop those bombs and the two aim-120s and aim-9s you brought into the match so you get a forward spawn are 4 free kills if you just rush their base, think SU-17 all over again

also did they put the F-4E in the strike line? no. because it’s a fighter-bomber, which is more or less what the F/A-18 is just spelt differently

1 Like

should be considered a strike-fighter

Actually, its because the f4E is the USAF variant of the aircraft and was therefore put into that line, same with the C, it is also a land-based variant irl the hook was used in emergencies to stop the aircraft on the runway (the f-15A also has a hook for the same reason)

hook is irrelevant, my point was since it’s a fully capable fighter there is zero reason it should be in the strike line, hope this helps