F-4F KWS LV (ICE): Arch-Phantom!

they have the same seekers, they differ only in the absence of a rolleron at the end of the wings, and the coloring, there is no information about engine changes, but the 9L/I is definitely not smokeless

Dude created a new account just to take a piss

1 Like

And what’s the ultimate modification?

1 Like

It will face enemies from 11.7 to 13.0 BR so I guess yeah and if you really want to be specific - yes, it will be better than its 12.7 opponent (Tornado F.3 late)

F-4E UAP “Peace Icarus”

1 Like

Given its BR placement I honestly don’t see it ever experiencing a downtier - both it and F.3 will be perma sucked into 13.0 games. The Harriers might have more luck in this regard.

You do realize we were calling for it 2 years ago when the META was Phantom vs Mig 21, right?
You do understand the reality of adding a Phantom into the sea of F-16 / F-15 / Mig 29 / Flankers / Gripens make it a DOA, right? Or is the 2 year difference too hard to understand for you?

Germany always gets the toys 1 or 2 years after everyone had fun. Either in a broken, nerfed state, or completely irrelevant, because the META shifted.

Didn´t stop them from adding F-16´s and couple of other planes with just FOX1… Argument void.

3 Likes

You don’t understand the main mentality of them wanting more.

They have asked for the ICE for years and now they got it all they done is moan for more. Like for the Typhoon even though Smin keep saying it’s not coming any time soon.

So in the future max BR up to 13.0

I’m not surprised F-16C Block 50 from USA tech tree enable to carry AIM-9X

But F-15C MSIP II in dev server not capability fired AIM-9X because it’s F-15C early 2000’s (before AIM-9X enter service in November 2003)

Belgium F-16AM Block 15 MLU armed AIM-9L/I-1 like F-4F ICE ?

Well, some Spearheads can be dull

ALL the fox 3’s are coming in a significantly nerfed state, theres no reason to believe the IRIS-T wouldnt as well.

If gaijin actually wanted this plane to be a top tier jet (12.7 is just 13.0 painted in nicer colours, lets be honest) the plane would NEED to have superior weapons to those of other competitors, which it does not.

In its current state, i cant see it being balanced at 12.7, i cant realistically see it any higher than 12.3 without IRIS-T. The airframe is mid at 11.0 ffs

Doesnt stop it from being able to fire it:

Casually ignoring the dark times of CL-13 top tier days, I see.

So when will the JA37D and JAS-39A get Aim-120B then? It seems that these two jets will struggle, especially the Gripen having NO WAY AT ALL to attack or defend itself beyond 5km

You mean the Sabre that had slightly better acceleration and top speed than the other Sabres, while the US still had a significant advantage in firepower?
That thing was hardly imbalanced by any means.
The one that Germany got after being forced to face Sabres and Mig-15s in the Me-262 and He-162 for months?

I remember quite clearly German teams were dominant in top tier when it was 9.0. The lack of cannons was not a hinderence when that plane could outclimb and outrate every other aircraft. The point of this being, Germans did have an advantage at some point with aircraft.

Yeah I know it doesn’t stop it from firing it, that is the reason they put it on the ICE in the first place. What I mean by Hunter F.6 situation is that the Hunter F.6 ended up being super-overtiered for a while (esp. when it got up to 10.3) because of these missiles it only test-fired. IRIS-T will probably do the same to the ICE, because with those kinds of missiles it would never be allowed to get downtiered (to reiterate my position I strongly believe it should be 12.3 maximum with its current kit, and the max rank should be elevated to 13.3)

Imagine not understanding the problem with the ICE being given as a top tier jet to Germany.

1 Like

I remember that time as well. The US already had the F-2 Sabre since two major updates, before the Cl-13 arrived and .50 cals at that time barely did any damage. The Cl-13 only did good against oblivious enemies and/or when being flown with very strong discipline.

Also the German top tier “competitiveness” (you can’t even call that “superiority”) only lasted for 1.5 years. Then the British received the faster and better armed Hunter.

But ok, shame on Germany for being competitive in top tier for 1.5 of the 11 years that this game is running.

Let’s just ignore that for 9.5 years Gaijin did everything they could to keep Germany just below top-tier in the air.