F-4 Phantom ICE: Improved Combat Efficiency

I don’t like germany but i value balanced and fair additions(if IRIS-T less) +1

1 Like

Yeah, the IRIS-T capability was only mentioned as being a possible if for some reason the ICE performs horribly without them (which I doubt it will be that bad), as these missiles are still far too advanced for the game

1 Like

from what I read about them IRIS-T would be almost Guaranteed Kills

2 Likes

Would love to see it! Would definitely be in a funny position with very advanced post cold war weaponry on a (upgraded) 1960s airframe.

2 Likes

Where is the F-4 without the MiG-21?..For balance, the MiG-21 UPG Bison is needed…

MiG-21-93 :D

3 Likes

+1 , hopefully it won’t be dead on arrival as it’s a beautiful plane… shame the Germans never used AiM7s with it, it could have already been added to the game long ago

3 Likes

Germany also fitted (ex-GDR) SPS-141 jamming pods to the F-4F ICE.
Those would go onto the innermost wing pylons, allowing for a full missile complement while carrying two jammers

Images

afcyfcklodib1

2 Likes

I’ll add that to the post, very interesting.

Like this:

1 Like

thanks, edited my comment.

Also, while already speaking of jammers. Just noticed that the Luftwaffe uses the AN/ALQ-119, not the -131.
Atleast I couldnt find any image with an 131, while the first SPS-141 I sent image actually has the rear F-4F use an AN/ALQ-119.

1 Like

Yup you’re right. I believe one of the sources confused American F-4 Phantoms stationed in Germany using the AN/ALQ-131 with a German one, as a Wiki check (not professional but its quick lol) shows Germany never used the -131 unlike the -119. Will fix this + use the image you provided. Thanks again

4 Likes

Very good plane!

1 Like

i need it!
this will make the perfect support jet to the mig 29G

1 Like

why not giving F-4F the AIM 9 L and increasing the BR, because the upgrade for peace rhine included mavericks and AIM 9L

1 Like

Why would you? The F-4F is a pretty decent 10.7 fighter-bomber, the only one Germany has got at the BR. Plus, it’s got a pretty substantial historical significance. Why would you want it removed in favor of a later model, instead of having both?

it wouldn’t be removed, the Mavericks and 9L were added both together in the Peace Rhine Update program which we have in game as the TT F4F

the really early one is the Event one

2 Likes

what is the blue rod with the yellow tip under the wing in the last pic?

It is a targeting pod. The camera is facing into the pod as the aircraft is not using the pod. The text says ‘‘sensor pod’’. The ‘‘yellow tip’’ is probably a fuel tank behind the pod.

i meant this:
the thin rod thingy mounted to the right (our left) of the SPS ECM pod.
i dont think this is a targeting pod.
its too small for that. and the yellow tip seems more like a cap imo

IR missile simulator I think

1 Like