F-22 Raptor

I forgot the exact word but it’s markers for scaling.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell exactly where things are on a plane due to how photos are taken, lighting, the attitude of the plane…

But with markers, engineers can know exact distances and measurements.

I found the name and proper descripiton:

The small white dots visible on the aircraft’s undercarriage are fiducial markers, which serve as reference points for cameras and sensors to track the movement and behavior of the new equipment during flight tests.

1 Like

there is also a good chance they include some kind of pressure sensor, to allow the engineers to calculate local flow behaviors and changes due to the new stores

1 Like

don’t forget the IRST pods on the outer wings next to those stealthy tanks

1 Like

Here in Japan, I see a lot of F-22 fighters flying around. I’d like to know if any of the U.S. aircraft could be added to Japan’s TechTree. I’ve already seen aircraft like the AV-8, the F-35 itself, and several helicopters!

I think that would be cool, but I’d like players from the United States to make that decision, since the planes belong to you.

1 Like

they do not add foreign aircraft stationed in a country to that country’s tree. otherwise, we would have Rafales in the US tree since they have operated off of American carriers in the past.

5 Likes

not just rafales

would be like every plane in current service

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Japan’s tree would be insane if that happened.

1 Like

Anyone know how many rounds the F-22 holds in the Vulcan?

I would assume ~1k like the F-15, it could also be ~500 like the F-16.

Nevermind, found it on the AF Factsheet.

Only 480 tho? (I mean it makes sense, saving weight and such. But still, I excpected at least 500)

1 Like

We’re lucky they even added the gun

Going to come in clutch to farm AI so we can unlock chaff

1 Like

Aren’t they also adding dogfight game mode permanently?

If that’s what Bullet Hell is, then I think it will be a permanent mode like NT in the upcoming patch

it’s an additional mode like grb night battles so you’ll only get it 1 in 100 battles

Perhaps after the major Aim-120 changes the F-22 won’t be bad for the current meta, afterall the FM should be an amazing one.

Depending on how good or bad stealth modelling will be, it would be nice to also see the underwing twin aim-120 racks to have a bit more endurance in the match.

From what I understand you can also chose the amount of CM depending on caliber, so it should have a better amount than others, and with HMD having been tested it should be looking good.

Take the current ‘stealth’ modelling of small munitions, and dial it up (or down?) a bit for stealth aircraft specifically. I hope that every 5th gen has more or less the same RCS (probably won’t, but a girl can hope) so it’s ‘easier’ to balance and shows a clear difference between them and 4-4.5 gen.

Even if we get an F-22 Early (I don’t doubt it, but seeing as we’re getting the ‘best’ versions of aircraft first…) AIM-120C-5 will still be strong, a shame about the 9Ms tho

j-20 have ~108 large countermasures
F-22 144 regular or 72 large, if i understand

1 Like

That would be a joke, but given how reluctant they are in adding new IR missiles, it might as well happen.

1 Like

Ehhh the F-22 didn’t spawn in with AIM-9X I’m afraid, would still be historically accurate even if for an early variant

As for newer missiles, I’m pretty sure they’re coming alongside the other radar missiles so not all hope is lost. Besides, for 5th gens some of them need the newer missiles (like China) as they don’t use anything else