F-15's current flight performance

There is an open report about the sustained turn rates underperforming by a small margin ~0.5G or so.

FBW is not added solely “to allow the pilot the ability to go right to the limit without fear of step passing it.” It is not just a “limiter”. What an elementary understanding of the technology. No wonder you keep calling the F-16 a UFO.

Fly-by-wire (FBW) systems are semi-automatic, computer-regulated aircraft flight control systems that replace mechanical flight controls with an electronic interface.
When the pilot moves flight controls, those movements are converted into electronic signals, which are then interpreted by the aircraft’s flight control computers (FCC) to adjust actuators that move flight control surfaces. Computers also monitor sensors throughout the aircraft to make automatic adjustments that enhance the flight.

Fly-by-wire systems are equipped with literal super computers that are continuously making mass calculations many times a second using all relevant sensors such as airspeed, alpha and altitude and attitude etc. making many minute corrections during the entire flight envelope and not easily visible to the human eye.

The F-16 dominates because no matter what control input the pilot enters while conducting air combat maneuvers for example, it is free from human error and miscalculation. The FBW computer will correct the human pilots input so that the F-16 is always flying the most energy efficient optimal flight performance.

The F-16 is literally cheating irl and many pilots including aces have said it’s not really flying as it will not allow you to make the many small mistakes’ human pilots often make due to the insanely high stress and complexity of aerial combat/fog of war.

I don’t know if any of you ever sat in in a F-16. But the FBW is a reason there is so little range of movement in the flight stick. It barely moves, it just wiggles. The pilot’s input is completely guided and perfected by the F-16’s notoriously powerful FBW computer.

1 Like

Well said. You are absolutely correct. My long time friend @MiG_23M has an undying hatred for the F-16 for some reason. I have yet to find the cause.

Yes, the F-16 is capable of insanely high alpha and high G performance. Its designed aerodynamically unstable and has one of the quickest responses to pitch etc.

Reasoning for 9G limitations.

1. 9G is more than efficient for 98% of all ACM/BFM situations. Especially in regard to USA combat doctrine and design philosophy of the F-16 itself.

2. Preservation of the airframe and maximization of flight hours. Allowing additional G performance will drastically reduce service life of each airframe.

3. Pilot Safety.

2 Likes

you talk about DCS i posted a video from DCS to disprove you, the only ones thats being laughed at is you.

F-15A is still overperforming (F-15C instead seems to be fine)

are the F-15s still breaking wings? Haven’t touched them in a long time due to that frustration.