F-15E using F100-PW-220s for "Balance" while F-15I has 229s at the same BR

7 Likes

make a bug report

2 Likes

according to wikipedia the difference in empty weight is roughly 3 tonnes, almost definitely more with fuel and weapons

They just want people to use the F-15C as the fighter and F-15E as a attacker. That’s what BVVd explained.

So the F-15I can do both without issue…

I think we call that an oversight, but then again BVVD just brushed the fact that the I had 229’s off like it was nothing.

4 Likes

F-15I is a fighter.

Its not, its flat out a model of the F-15E.

It is a F-15E in Israeli service, if the F-15I is a “fighter” the F-15E is as well because they are both F-15Es.

4 Likes

Someone that knew a lot about these planes explained this to me, but they’re supposedly two different aircraft in terms of how they’re used.

people forget its still an F-15 behind the CFT and beefed up airframe

Use does not dictate what the aircraft is, if I use a F-104 exclusively as a ground attack aircraft that does not remove the fact that it is a F-104 and it is designed as an interceptor.

To that same end, the F-15I has all the ordnance that the F-15E has in game currently bar the AGM-65.

If it was only a “fighter” why can it mount the same exact ground attack weapons bar one, which, mind you, had a bug report out currently to get added, so it will eventually have the exact same ordnance, with the F-15E in game actually being identical bar having different engines.

3 Likes

its mostly because in recent conflicts there simply werent that many enemy fighters to shoot down, and regardless of the F-15E air to air capabilites, air to air duties wouldve been assigned to the appropriate squadrons, which didnt operate F-15E

Should note too that the F-15E in US service, now becoming the F-15EX, are in active use as A2A platforms, it just so happens that the US has not fought an enemy with aircraft for an exceedingly long time now.

2 Likes

Don’t know man, Gaijin gave a pretty straight forward answer why this has happened, I doubt it’ll change.

2 Likes

i wonder if EX will come before 22, and whether or not it does, which will be the end line?

if they changed bomber line to 2nd heavy fighter thatd be interesting

1 Like
3 Likes

Understandable

Well the “straightforward answer” made absolutely 0 sense in this given context

2 Likes

They made the F-15E a bomber and the F-15I a fighter, like I can get the reasoning but doesn’t exactly mean I think it’s a good reason.

And the mig 29 is missing 40% of its engine, don’t you complain about that? That an F16 beats a MiG 29 in close combat is fantastic but they don’t complain about double standards either.

1 Like

irrelevant to current issue and discussion

if it really is missing 40% of its thrust make a bug report or support an existing one

1 Like