F-14 Tomcat: History, Performance & Discussion

it was for the f14 D which is the same aircraft when it comes to what I reported

Use this one. Its certainly declassified as it is marked downgraded every 3 years, declassify after 12 on the top left of the cover page and was published in '72, and has the same info starting on PDF page #142.

7 Likes

cheers

here it is, i hope they dont disregard it again…
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9d7ZQcU4uV1J

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not the only thing they look at. Almost anything that can be used to make a weapon, be it an aerofoil specification or a rocket engine, can and usually is, export restricted under ITAR. This doesn’t mean its classified, a civilian in the US would be allowed to handle an ITAR restricted and declassified document however its not supposed to leave the country. And gaijin being a Russians, now Hungarian, company, is very much not supposed to have anything ITAR restricted

It has export restriction, you are ignoring that Distribution Statement C is mentioned on the cover page

Distribution Statement C. Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors [category] [date of determination]. Other requests for this document must be referred to [controlling DoD office].

According to the rules, you cannot upload material that is export restricted. Just because you can download it from the Internet doesn’t mean you can use it for reports.

2 Likes

Alright my bad, the NATOPS for the A though as provided by tripod is not DS C. Its basically the same document though when it comes to the issue at hand…

Interestingly, it appears that some F-14As were able to have the BOL that the F-14B/F-14D had.

7 Likes

Sure, but the specific model of F-14A that we have in-game did not have this capability. It is modeled off the 1977 F-14A / early standard aircraft characteristics… the best pylon they had mounted AIM-9H.

Future potential additions, premiums or squadron vehicles could include such a model of F-14A. That would be cool…

Its not, its a franken-plane, as it is currently as Airframe S/N #158627 ( the default skin) Is a Block -65 airframe (produced 1973), which was later refitted to Block 130 standards as seen as the in game 3d model which erroneously includes the Beaver tail mod, and nose pitot tube among others, the issue is that Block 130 (re)manufacture only began in 1983 and so is out of place for the proposed '77 SAC timeframe, further it can be cross referenced by looking at the Planforms in the SAC as well.

It is also theoretically missing access to either the AN/ALR-23 IRSTS or AN/AXX-1 TCS blister it should have, as an option, but doesn’t.

8 Likes

Errrrrng, wrong.

Tech moderators already explained that they are aware of camouflage and 3D modeling errors. They are aware of these issues and have explicitly stated it is configured to the 1977 SAC.

Feel free to report any not-yet covered discrepancies.

And so when are they going to correct it? I know it took, what 22 months for them to adjust the F-4E(Its still not quite right either, and doesn’t actually represent any specific configuration) but going on a year and a half means its probably a pretty low priority and so is not likely to be touched any time soon.

Which is a bit concerning considering that DECM equipment has been seen in the files and the configuration the F-14 is in leads to questions about what systems & capabilities may or may not be correctly modeled.

It was all covered while the F-14 was on the dev server, and there are other things that were reported that they have since made worse (e.g. Flap / Slat vs wing sweep limitations and the AoA Indexer), or just not implemented like the fuel totalizer.

3 Likes

It may very well never be fixed.

Ok, so then there is nothing left to be done.

1 Like

I have been using the “tacview” a lot lately and its absolutely funny how dumb the phoenixes behave… Their radar often goes from track back to search mode and looks all the way to the right and the missile also starts turning to the right XD… I wasnt sure they could break this any further but somehow they sure did

6 Likes

can you link a clip, i can’t use tacview since im on console it’s extremely buggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikmdv6BwPUE&t=1s have a look at this

Here they appear to be ok and on the second pic a few moments later they all point their radar to the right and start turning lol

3 Likes

OFC later A models got them

1 Like
7 Likes

Great video show how the F14 was just ahead of its time

1 Like